Now that the weather allows for some outdoor fun, couples are getting excited to enjoy it with the special someone. Whether you are kid-free or have a babysitter for a night, we’ve got a great Summer Date list for you! Or, bring the kids to some of these great ideas. We’ve put together a categorized, summer-specific, date list for you and your loved ones. So book that babysitter, make those plans and enjoy this summer of love. A big thank you to our Summer Date Guide – Foolery’s in Okauchee.
Categories in this guide include:
- On the Lake Dining
- Outdoor Dining/Patio Spots (non-Lake spots)
- Best Burger Spots
- Best Hikes and Trails
- Summer Staples
- Outdoor Beer Gardens
- Paddleboard/Kayak/Boat Rentals
- Summer 2018 Events
Note: Reach out to individual businesses for hours, availability and pricing. Lake Country Family Fun is not responsible for availability and pricing of these events.
Please thank our Summer Date Guide Sponsor:
FOOLERY’S LIQUID THERAPY
on OKAUCHEE LAKE
Enjoy outdoor dining, amazing food from Chef Jerry Garcia, summer events and on the lake access at our Summer Date Guide Sponsor – Foolery’s Liquid Therapy.
– Foolery’s has more wing sauces and rubs than any other restaurant in Southeast Wisconsin.
– Only restaurant in the state that raises own Bison and Scottish Highlander used on the menu.
– There is a band or a DJ every Friday and Saturday night.
– Food & drink specials every day.
– Foolery’s comes highly recommended by “Your Milwaukee Dining – Local Restaurant Reviews”
– If you are on Okauchee Lake, you can dock for free right at Foolery’s.
On the Lake Dining
- Foolery’s on Okauchee Lake
- Seesters on Pewaukee Lake
- Splash Martini Bar on Lac LaBelle
- Artisan 179 on Pewaukee Lake
- Lakeside on Silver Lake
- Bass Bay Brewhouse on Bass Bay Lake
- AJ’s Bar and Grill on Muskego Lake
- Golden Lake Pub on Golden Lake
- Panga Bar & Grill on Upper Nemahbin Lake
- Ristorante Lago on Pewaukee Lake
- Doc’s Dry Dock on Pewaukee Lake
- 5 O-Clock Club on Pewaukee Lake
- Curly’s on Pewaukee Lake
- Michael’s House of Prime on Pewaukee Lake
- Gina’s Sports Dock on Pewaukee Lake
- Golden Mast on Okauchee Lake
- Seven Seas on Nagawicka Lake
- Hollywood’s on Okauchee Lake
- Edgewater on Pewaukee Lake
- Chocolate Factory on Pewaukee Lake
- Kim’s Lakeside on Pewaukee Lake
- Copper Dock on Friess Lake
- Fishbones on Nagawicka Lake
- Lakerz on Fowler Lake
*For our Guide to the Lakes of Lake Country click here.
We know there are more lakeside restaurants so let’s hear them! Comment below or email us!
Outdoor Dining/Patio Spots (non-Lake spots)
- Revere’s in Delafield
- Belfre in Delafield
- I.d. in Delafield
- Mazatlán in Delafield or Oconmowoc
- Delafield Brewhaus
- Zesti in Hartland
- Joe Mamas in Colgate
- Thunder Bay Grille in Pewaukee
- Nettie’s Irish Pub in Pewaukee
- People’s Park in Waukesha
- Senior Tomas Hartland
- Beer Snobs Hartland
- Butler Inn Pewaukee
- Andreas Red Rooster in Waukesha
- Spitfire in Okauchee
- Kim’s in Stonebank
- Bel Air Cantina at Corners of Brookfield
- Café Hollander at Corners of Brookfield
- Parkside 23 in Brookfield
- Carlee’s Bar & Grill in Pewaukee
- Vino Cappuccino in Brookfield
- Hops & Leisure in Oconomowoc
We know there are more great restaurants with outdoor dining (non-lake views) so let’s here them! Comment below or email us!
Best Burger Spots (as recommended by our Facebook Group)
- Mainstream Bar & Grill in Waukesha
- Crafty Cow in Oconomowoc
- Joe Mamas in Colgate
- Sweet Dreams in Hartland
- Beer Snobs in Hartland
- Sobelemans in Waukesha
- Kick Switch in Okauchee
- Gina’s in Pewaukee
- David Alan Alan’s Smokehouse in Mukwonago
- Bass Bay Brewhouse in Muskego
- Sideliners in Genesee Depot
- Pointe Burger in Pewaukee
- Jake’s in Brookfield
- Stolley’s Hogg Alley in Oconomowoc
- Revere’s in Delafield
- Grill Junkies in Delafield
- AJ O’Brady’s in Menomonee Falls
- Foolery’s in Okauchee
- Most of the Ice Cream Joints make amazing burger spots too!
Best Hikes and Trails
- Nature Hill in Oconomowoc
- Cushing Memorial Park in Delafield
- Cushing Park Road Recrational Trail (link) – connect Glacial Drumlin and Lake Country trails
- Lapham Peak State Forest (link)
- Fowler Lake Loop
- Muskego Recreational Trail (link)
- Fox River Trail in Waukesha (link)
- All of the County Parks have hiking or trails:
- Retzer Nature Center in Waukesha
- Vernon Marsh
- Emma Carlin Trail in Eagle (link)
- Schuppernong Trail in Dousman (link)
- Ice Age Trail segments throughout our county (link)
- Major BikingTrails
*Watch for ticks! Always check yourself and your date over after going on a hike/bike ride.
- Go Strawberry Picking with your date.
- Every good dates ends with an Ice Cream Cone – check out 16 places to grab one in Lake Country.
- Some of these ideas in our 77 Things Guide, may spark an idea for a perfect date!
- Low budget? No problem! Free Summer Fun Guide has you covered.
- Suntan and swim with your cutie on a Lake Country Beach.
- Peruse a Farmer’s Market in peace.
- Catch fireworks with your sweetheart.
- Catch a movie at the drive in movie theatre in Jefferson.
- Hit the links and try golfing!
Outdoor Beer Gardens
- Raised Grain Brewery and Waukesha County Parks Pop-Up Beer Gardens
- City of Oconomowoc Beer Garden
- City of New Berlin Beer Garden
- The Beer Garden at the Mill Pond Plaza -Menomonee Falls
- Winnebeergo Beer Garden Pewaukee
- Beer Garden at Nixon Park Hartland
- Biergarten at the Schwabenhof Menomonee Falls
- Depot Beer Garden Menomonee Falls
- Tyranena Brewery Beer Garden in Lake Mills
- Von Rothenburg Bier Stuebe in Germantown
- Estabrook Beer Garden in Milwaukee
- Two Milwaukee County Parks Traveling Beer Gardens
- Milwaukee Zoo “Bear” Garden
*To find out more details about each of these beer garden, go to our Beer Garden Guide! Many of them include entertainment for your date!
- High Roller Fun Rentals – Frame Park Waukesha
- Specialty Bikes
- Paddle Boats
- Character Floats
- Clearwater Outdoor Rentals in Delafield (St. John’s Park on Genesee St.)
- Tandem Kayak
- Single Kayak
- City Beach Oconomowoc
- Nomad Board Sports at Panga Bar & Grill
- Good Time Rentals on multiple lakes
- Pontoon Boats
- Koha Yoga in Pewaukee
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP)
- Sherper’s in Oconomowoc
- Stand up Paddleboards
Not sure what lake to hit up? Check out our guide to the Lakes of Lake Country!
Summer 2018 Events
- All the Area “Fests” make great dates, here are the dates:
- Chocolate Fest: Memorial Day weekend
- Pride: June 8-10
- Polish: June 15 -17
- Greek: June 22-24
- Cedarburg Strawberry Festival: June 23-24
- Summerfest: June 27-July 1, July 3-8 (lots of great artists coming)
- Bastille Days: July 12-15
- Delafield Block Party: July 13-July14
- Lake Country Art Festival Nagawicka Park: July 14
- Hartland Street Fest: July 21
- Festa Italiana: July 20-22
- Taste of Lake Country in Pewaukee: July 27-28
- German: July 27-July 29
- Waukesha Blues Fest at Naga-Waukee Park: August 10-11
- Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts: August 18-19
- Irish Fest: August 16-19
- Muskego Community Fest: August 23-26
- Mexican Fiesta: August 24-26
- Waukesha County Fair: July 18 – 22
- Wisconsin State Fair: August 2-12
- Jazz in the Park – Thursdays, May 31-August 30, 5 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Summer Concerts outside of the Fests
- Ice Cube at the Eagles Ballroom 7/14
- Zach Brown Band Alpine on 8/11
- Brad Paisley Alpine on 7/7