The Trusted list of practitioners in Lake country
One of the most common type of questions you find in local area social media chats are advice for local practitioners (doctors, dentists, chiropractors, etc). The advice is all out there, but not consolidated in one place. Lake Country Family Fun to the rescue!
If you are looking for the best local doctors, dentists, chiropractors, etc...where do you start?
We’ve polled parents across Lake Country to find the most beloved family doctors, pediatricians, eye doctors, allergists, OB/GYNs, chiropractors, dentists and orthodontists. Read on to find your new favorite practitioners!
Technical Information on the Voting Process
In January of this year, we asked our readers to vote on the best care providers in Lake Country in several categories. Below you’ll find the TOP three providers for each category, followed by the top nominees, all who received a significant number of reader votes.
We received nearly a thousand votes (wow!) and carefully parsed through the data to finalize the results including counting the write-ins. Each January, we will repeat the vote so if your favorites are not included, there is always next year. We are blessed to live in an area with such great practitioners and there was a wide field of contenders in each category so even if one isn’t listed in the top nominees doesn’t mean they are not amazing! It was a tough race in each category to say the least!
Please note that this content is provided for informational purposes only. The information provided in this guide does not constitute medical advice. Users are advised to check the certification of any care provider listed below and consult with their own medical doctors before proceeding with a care plan.
Family Care provider menu
Family Doctors in Lake Country
Family medicine practitioners provide comprehensive care to patients of all ages and genders through all stages of life. They provide referrals when patients have complicated health issues that require the expertise of a specialist.
Voted top THREE Family Doctors
1st Place – John Lesniak, MD – Prohealth – Hartland
2nd Place – Stephanie Baginski, MD – Aurora – Summit
3rd Place – Jennifer Scheeler, MD – Prohealth – Oconomowoc
- Kristen Vento, DO – Prohealth – Oconomowoc
- Paul Zuzick, MD – Aurora – Summit
- Gregory Sehring, MD – Aurora – Waukesha
- Mark Grossklaus, MD – Prohealth – Waukesha
- Heather Brown, MD – Prohealth – Waukesha
- Daniel Johnson, MD – Prohealth – Mukwonago
- Shannon Allen Gryzwa, MD – Prohealth – Mukwonago
- Ronald Fickel, MD – Prohealth – Hartland
- James Gatto, MD – Aurora – Summit
- Carolyn Day, MD – Prohealth – Waukesha
OB/GYN Doctors in Lake Country
A gynecologist is a doctor who specializes in women’s reproductive health. Obstetricians care for women during their pregnancy and just after the baby is born. They also deliver babies.
Voted top THREE OB/GYN Doctors
1st Place – Ellen Comiskey, MD – Moreland OBGYN Associates -Waukesha
2nd Place – Beth Angsten, MD – Moreland OBGYN Associates – Oconomowoc
3rd Place – Kathryn Gallagher, MD – Aurora -Summit
- Lorree Dyoco, MD – Moreland OBGYN Associates – Waukesha
- Meredith Derrig, MD – Aurora – Summit
- Jessica Herzberg, MD – Moreland OBGYN Associates – Waukesha
- Patrick Sims, MD – Aurora – Summit
- Allison Nelson, MD Moreland OBGYN Associates – Waukesha
- Christine Sponagle, MD – Moreland OBGYN Associates – Waukesha
- Sarah Janz, MD – Moreland OBGYN Associates – Waukesha
- Megan Trester, MD – Moreland OBGYN Associates – Waukesha
- Dana Akiya, MD – Prohealth – Waukesha, Muskego, Mukwonago, New Berlin
- Joseph Shea, MD – Aurora – Summit
Moreland OB-GYN Associates, S.C. is dedicated to the needs of the community by promoting overall excellence in the delivery of women’s health care. We ensure an environment of compassion and confidentiality, as we recognize the rights and dignity of all individuals. Whether it is your first visit or you’re returning to our office, we hope it is a positive and memorable one.
Pediatricians in Lake Country
A pediatrician is medical doctor who manages the physical, behavioral, and mental care for children from birth until age 18. A pediatrician is trained to diagnose and treat a broad range of childhood illnesses, from minor health problems to serious diseases.
Voted top THREE Pediatricians
1st Place – Gregory Moyer, MD – Lake Country Pediatrics – Oconomowoc
2nd Place – karin hamilton, MD – Aurora – Summit
3rd Place – Meghan kinateder, MD – Prohealth – Waukesha
- Stephanie Whitt, MD – Pewaukee Pediatrics (Children’s Hospital) – Pewaukee
- Yoland Wolff, MD -Pewaukee Pediatrics (Children’s Hospital) – Pewakee
- Anthony Wampole, MD – Aurora – Summit
- Joe Tzougros, MD – Prohealth – Waukesha
- Matthew Biebel, MD – Prohealth – Waukesha
- Renee Sfazir, MD – Children’s Hospital – Delafield
- Denise Dunlap, MD – Pewaukee Pediatrics (Children’s Hospital) – Pewaukee
- Beth Keefe, MD – Aurora – Hartland
- Jennifer Vipond, MD – Prohealth – Waukesha
Dentists in Lake Country
A dentist provides care for a patient’s teeth, gums, and oral health. They provide a number of services. Dentists repair fractured teeth, fill cavities, remove tooth decay, straighten teeth, place sealants, whiten patient’s teeth, and educate on proper oral hygiene. Our guide included both family and pediatric dentists in one category.
Voted top THREE Dentists
1st Place – Lindsey Davies, DDS Oconomowoc Pediatric Dentistry
2nd Place – Kirsten Davies, DDS Davies Pediatric Dentistry Waukesha
3rd Place – Amy Getz Niedziela, DDS Forward Dental Oconomowoc
- Kathryn Connor, DDS – Wales Family Dental – Wales
- Susan Angel, DDS – Wonderkind Pediatric Dentistry – Hartland, Waukesha
- Natalie Stoeckl, – Stoeckl Dentistry – Oconomowoc
- Angela Trochlell, DDS – The Fun Kids Dentist – Brookfield
- Michelle Kelly, DDS – Delafield Family Dental – Delafield
- Thomas Bitner, DDS – Bitner Family Dentistry – Oconomowoc
- William Renner, DDS -Wonderkind Pediatric Dentistry – Hartland, Waukesha
- Terese Bailey, DDS – Bailey Family Dental – Hartland
- Patty Erickson, DDS – North Lake Family Dentistry – North Lake
- Mary Vezzetti, DDS – Vezzetti Family Dental Care – Sussex
- Kate Gilson, DDS – Shoemaker & Gilson Family Dentistry – Waukesha
- Richard Bailey, DDS – Bailey Family Dental – Hartland
North Lake Family Dentistry- Patty Erickson DDS
North Lake Family Dentistry is a full service Dental office in Hartland WI . Dr Erickson and her staff strive to provide high quality dentistry in a warm and welcoming environment where all patients receive the individualized attention they deserve. Since purchasing North Lake Family Dentistry (formerly The Country Dentist) hours have been expanded to 8am-5pm Monday through Thursday and Dr Erickson is accepting new patients of all ages. She accepts most insurance plans and also welcomes patients without insurance.
Wales Family Dental
At Wales Family Dental, we believe in providing the highest quality dental care for patients of all ages. When we’re able to provide exceptional care that is affordable, personalized, and long-lasting, you can smile longer and look forward to each visit with us. Become a part of our family today and witness generations of smiles made possible with gentle dentistry from your neighborhood dentist.
Oconomowoc Pediatric Dentistry
When it comes to dental care, children need a special person, who can calm their fears, answer their questions and set them up for a lifetime of excellent oral health. This person needs special training in the issues that children experience as well as a fun and patient demeanor. You have found all these qualities and more in Dr. Lindsey Davies at Oconomowoc Pediatric Dentistry.
The Fun Kids Dentist Drs. Trochlell & Assoc., Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics
Providing specialized dentistry for children and adolescents in a “child-friendly” environment. As pediatric dentists, we focus on preventative care to help each child grow a healthy smile that will last a lifetime. Our fun office serves infants, children, teens and children with special health care needs giving them the best individualized dental experience possible. We are located in the heart of Brookfield, WI.
Eye Care and Eye Exams in Lake Country
This category is for all eye care and eye exam practitioners in Lake Country. Services vary by practitioner but may include adult and children’s eye exams, contact lense fittings, eye emergencies, eye diseases and/or eye surgery and LASIK.
Voted top THREE Eye Care Practitioners
1st Place – Dr. Anna Koeck – Theia Vision Care – Hartland
2nd Place – Dr. Ryan Lang – Lang Family Eye Care – New Berlin
3rd Place – Dr. David Bjork – Oconomowoc Vision – Oconomowoc, Pewaukee, Watertown
- Dana McGuire, OD – Summit Eye Clinic, Oconomowoc
- Maria Patterson, MD – Prohealth – Brookfield
- May Katherine Ellis, MD – Aurora – Summit
- Josephine-Liezl Palomares Cueto, MD – Aurora – Waukesha
- Jennifer J. Hillman, OD, Primary Eye Care Associates – Oconomowoc
- Randy Prestah, DO – Summit Eye Clinic – Oconomowoc
- Amber Dentz, OD – Lake Country Eye Care – Hartland
- Steve Christensen, OD – Christensen Eyecare Professionals – Menomonee Falls
- Nina Christensen, OD – Christensen Eyecare Professionals – Pewaukee
- Jason Varner, OD – The EyeGlassery -Delafield
- Christian Camus, OD – Aurora – Summit
Theia Vision Care
Dr. Anna Koeck would love to welcome you and your family to Theia Vision Care, a warm and beautiful, family-friendly optometric boutique. Named after the Greek Goddess of sight and beauty, Theia Vision Care is the perfect combination of Dr. Koeck’s medical expertise and love of fashion. As a mom, wife and Hartland resident, Dr. Koeck emphasizes the importance of early eye exams to help every child succeed. Whether you are 2 or 102 years old, Dr. Koeck sets aside up to 60 minutes for each exam to answer all of your questions. When has your eye doctor done that?
allergists in Lake Country
An allergist treats asthma and allergies. An allergist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. The allergist is specially trained to identify allergy and asthma triggers. Allergists help people treat or prevent their allergy problems.
Voted top THREE Allergists
1st Place – Shelley Watters, MD – Aurora – Wauwatosa
2nd Place – mark nordness, MD – Prohealth – Mukwonago
3rd Place – Mary-jo rolfes lo, md – prohealth – Waukesha
- Kristen Volkman, MD – Children’s Hospital – New Berlin
- Sara Lowe, MD – Children’s Hospital – Delafield
Chiropractors in Lake Country
A Doctor of Chiropractic (DC), chiropractor, or chiropractic physician is a medical professional who is trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. Chiropractors treat patients of all ages—infants, children, and adults. Chiropractors use hands-on spinal manipulation and other alternative treatments, the theory being that proper alignment of the body’s musculoskeletal structure, particularly the spine, will enable the body to heal.
Voted top THREE Chiropractors
1st Place – Dr. Shannon Stadler – Stadler Chiropractic & Co. – Delafield
2nd Place – Dr. Vanessa Fritz – Chiropractic Company – Oconomowoc
3rd Place – dr. brandon meye – lake country health center – delafield
- Dr. Zach Chudy – Chudy Chiropractic Clinic – Oconomowoc
- Dr. Hans Halaska – Hartland Family – Chiropractic – Hartland
- Dr. Amy Kolman – Kolman Family Chiropractic – Wales
- Dr. Bradley Fritz – Chiropractic Company – Oconomowoc
- Dr. Karen Gould – Traub Chiropractic Care Center – Oconomowoc
- Dr. Brady Dorn – Dorn Chiropractic – Oconomowoc
- Dr. Ken Krieser – Krieser Chiropractic Family Wellness Center -Nashotah
- Dr. Mike Merkt – The Specific Chiropractic Center Lake Country – Hartland
- Dr. Tad Diciaula -Chiropractic and Wellness on Pewaukee Lake – Pewaukee
- Dr. Zachary Kienol – Brookfield Health and Wellness – Brookfield
- Dr. Nathan Omick – Traub Chiropractic Care Center – Oconomowoc
- Dr. Jason Lauer – Lauer Family Chiropractic – Waukesha
Dr. Zach Kienol
Hello I’m Dr. Zach Kienol. I enjoy treating patients with acute or chronic progressive conditions, returning them back to optimal health. My background as a Division I athlete gives me a unique perspective in also treating athletes. No two patients are alike so all treatment plans differ. Each patient deserves customized care so I take the time to make sure you get the care you need. With an arsenal of equipment and techniques I’m sure I can improve your back, neck, or extremity problems. I’m excited to meet you and become a part of your journey to optimal health.
orthodontists in Lake Country
Orthodontists help with crooked teeth, but they assist patients with other issues as well. These include overbites and underbites, crossbites, spaces between teeth, overcrowding of teeth, and the treatment of temporomandibular disorders (TMD). Additional problems with the jaw also need to be treated by an orthodontist.
Voted top THREE Orthodontists
1st Place – kirk r davies, dds – davies orthodontics – Waukesha
2nd Place – michael bubon, dds – bubon orthodontics – Waukesha, Brookfield, Muskego, Oconomowoc, Wales
3rd Place – peter reichl,dds – reichl orthodontics – Waukesha, Hartland, Mukwonago
- Daniel Holzhauer, DDS – Holzhauer Hewett and Barta – Hartland, Waukesha
- Todd Rasch, DDS – Rasch Orthodontics – Pewaukee
- Todd Connell, DDS – Dr. Todd Connell Orthodontics-The Orthodontic Studios of Southeastern Wisconsin – Brookfield
- Kevin Race, DDS -Race Orthodontics – Brookfield, Mukwonago
- Charles Hewett, DDS – Holzhauer Hewett and Barta – Hartland, Waukesha