Congratulations on your pregnancy! Preparing to welcome a baby and entering the season of parenthood while taking care of yourself can be overwhelming. We are here to help! Here’s a guide to navigate and access the various services Lake Country has to offer both before baby arrives and after. And because everyone just can’t help but offer their advice during this time and through the 4th trimester, we recommend reading this post about setting moms of newborns up for success. It’s important not to forget moms as they learn to navigate life with a new little one. Moreland OB-GYN Associates has great 4th trimester resources for the mothers here: https://www.morelandobgyn.com/fourth-trimester.
Please thank our Pregnancy Guide SPonsor:
Chiropractic Company is a family chiropractic office located in Oconomowoc, WI; offering treatment for a variety of conditions in addition to wellness and lifestyle care. Drs. Bradley and Vanessa Fritz welcome your entire family for care at their location.
They are a kid-friendly practice certified in prenatal and pediatric care!
Click here for more details.
Find them on Facebook
1300 Summit Ave #201
All things Pregnancy in Lake Country: classes, breastfeeding, prenatal massage and more
Finding a doctor you love for your pregnancy is no easy task. But Lake Country Family Fun polled local families to find their top rated OBGYNS.
Find the results of the top 15 in the area here or by clicking the image below:
Each hospital offers a variety of different classes including labor and delivery, breastfeeding, newborn care, hospital tours, plus more! Check out the links below to view and search class listings.
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital and Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital (Prohealth)
- Women’s Healthcare
- Aurora Medical Center in Summit (Aurora)
- Elmbrook Memorial Hospital (Wheaton Franciscan)
- Community Memorial Hospital (Froedtert)
Here are the Top 10 Reasons to Take an Independent Childbirth Class. Find other non hospital classes across Waukesha County here:
Safety classes are an essential piece of education for new parents (and caregivers of all ages).
- Southeast Wisconsin Booster and Car Seat Fitting Stations (must make appointment)
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation: recommendations, resources, online training
- American Red Cross: First Aid & CPR Classes
- Infant CPR Certification
Infant safety and CPR classes are also offered by hospitals (see hospital section above)
- La Leche League:Breastfeeding Support Group in Brookfield
- Lake Country Pediatrics: Breastfeeding Classes & Support
- Children’s Hospital of WI: Breastfeeding support
- Waukesha County Breastfeeding Coalition
- Success Lactation Specialists, LLC: Home Visit Breastfeeding support prenatal and postpartum
Check out your hospital classes for breastfeeding information and support
And because everyone just can’t help but offer their advice during this time and through the 4th trimester, we recommend reading this post about setting moms of newborns up for success.
It’s important not to forget moms as they learn to nativigate life with a new little one. Moreland OB-GYN Associates has great 4th trimester resources for the mothers here: https://www.morelandobgyn.com/fourth-trimester.
You may also be interested in learning from Lake Country Newborns. They offer night nannies and more. They offer professional postpartum overnight and daytime support for your newborn and family during the first twelve months as you adjust to life with your baby. Serving Oconomowoc and all Southeast Wisconsin.
Fitness is an important elment of both physical and mental health for mom before and after pregnancy. Consult your doctor before engaging in exercise.
- Moreland OBGYN has a great article with frequently asked questions about Exercise During Pregnancy – read it here
- Expecting & Empowered, Comprehensive Pregnancy Workout Guide (business run by two Wisconsin women)
- Soleil Lune Yoga Center, Prenatal Yoga
- Movement Center in Pewaukee, Prenatal Yoga and Pilates
- Most of the yoga studios offer classes that are suitable during pregnancy. Contact your favorite yoga studio to determine which class would be the right one for you.
Cloth diapering has become popular again especially as a way to reduce waste. Here are some cloth diapering resources and articles below:
Gifts are a big part of new babies from push gifts to shower gifts and more. We love encouraging people to shop local. You can view our SHOP SMALL GUIDE for ideas and a few are listed out below:
We are blessed to live in an area that offers amazing childcare options! Find them below:
Sleep for new parents? What is that!? Ha! But seriously, we recommend Lake Country Sleep as an amzing local resource:
Chiropractor are for pregnant moms, post-pregant mothers and even infants can be extremely valuable. Find our top rated (top 15) chiropractors from a poll in January of 2022 here. Some options include: