Congratulations on your pregnancy! Preparing to welcome a baby and entering the season of parenthood while taking care of yourself can be overwhelming. We are here to help! Here’s a guide to navigate and access the various services Lake Country has to offer. And because everyone just can’t help but offer their advice during this time and through the 4th trimester, we recommend reading this post about setting moms of newborns up for success.
Please thank our Pregnancy Guide Sponsor:
Chiropractic Company is a family chiropractic office located in Oconomowoc, WI; offering treatment for a variety of conditions in addition to wellness and lifestyle care. Drs. Bradley and Vanessa Fritz welcome your entire family for care at their location. They are a kid-friendly practice with additional training in pediatric care! Click here for more details.
Find them on Facebook
1300 Summit Ave #201
Each hospital offers a variety of different classes including labor and delivery, breastfeeding, newborn care, hospital tours, plus more! Check out the links below to view and search class listings.
- Aurora Medical Center in Summit (Aurora)
- Elmbrook Memorial Hospital (Wheaton Franciscan)
- Community Memorial Hospital (Froedtert)
- Safe Babies Healthy Families (low cost)
- Waukesha County Public Health (low cost)
- Southeast Wisconsin Booster and Car Seat Fitting Stations (must make appointment)
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation: recommendations, resources, online training
- American Red Cross: First Aid & CPR Classes
- Infant safety and CPR classes are also offered by hospitals (see hospital section above)
- La Leche League: Breastfeeding Support Group in Brookfield
- Lake Country Pediatrics: Breastfeeding Classes & Support
- Children’s Hospital of WI: Breastfeeding support
- Waukesha County Breastfeeding Coalition
- Check out your hospital classes for breastfeeding information and support.
Please thank our sponsor, Expecting & Empowered, who have sponsored the Prenatal Fitness section of this guide!
- Expecting & Empowered, Comprehensive Pregnancy Workout Guide (business run by two Wisconsin women)
- Soleil Lune Yoga Center, Prenatal Yoga
- Movement Center in Pewaukee, Prenatal Yoga and Pilates
- Most of the yoga studios offer classes that are suitable during pregnancy. Contact your favorite yoga studio to determine which class would be the right one for you.
- Nicki’s Diapers: Purchase cloth diapers and accessories. Online only and based out of Wisconsin
- Well Rounded Maternity Center: Cloth diaper basics class
- One Family’s Cloth Diapering Journey
Birth Announcements & Shower Invitations
Baby Shower Locations
Hopefully this has helped you along your journey. To make sure you stay up to date and to connect with other moms in our community, sign up for our e-newsletter, join our Facebook group and follow us on Instagram.
Plus, there are many mom groups and playgroups to join as well! You can find them here.