Congratulations on your pregnancy! Preparing to welcome a baby and entering the season of parenthood while taking care of yourself can be overwhelming. We are here to help! Here’s a guide to navigate and access the various services Lake Country has to offer.
Please thank our Pregnancy Guide Sponsor:
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
Find a pediatrician in your neighborhood!
The choice matters.
At Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, we believe a pediatrician’s job is more than just vaccines, prescriptions, physicals and sick visits. As your child’s primary care doctor, we see it as our duty to take full responsibility for their health and well-being – no matter what their health needs are or how many doctors they see. It’s an approach to primary care that puts your child at the center of it all.
Learn more about our nationally-recognized approach to primary care and what it can do for your child.
Our pediatricians and primary care offices offer parents a level of care that cannot be obtained at other places:
- Affiliation with one of the top children’s hospitals in the country
- Board-certified pediatricians
- 20+ locations spread throughout southeast Wisconsin
- Commitment to population health and an increased role for pediatricians in the care of children
- Doctors who are very active in their local communities
- Access to many health and wellness programs designed to keep kids safe and healthy
Each hospital offers a variety of different classes including labor and delivery, breastfeeding, newborn care, hospital tours, plus more! Check out the links below to view and search class listings.
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital and Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital (Prohealth)
- Aurora Medical Center in Summit (Aurora)
- Elmbrook Memorial Hospital (Wheaton Franciscan)
- Community Memorial Hospital (Froedtert)
- Well Rounded Maternity Center
- Bradley Birthing Classes
- Women’s Healthcare
- Safe Babies Healthy Families (low cost)
- Waukesha County Public Health (low cost)
- Southeast Wisconsin Booster and Car Seat Fitting Stations (must make appointment)
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation: recommendations, resources, online training
- American Red Cross: First Aid & CPR Classes
- Infant CPR Certification
- Infant safety and CPR classes are also offered by hospitals (see hospital section above)
- La Leche League: Breastfeeding Support Group in Brookfield
- Lake Country Pediatrics: Breastfeeding Classes & Support
- Children’s Hospital of WI: Breastfeeding support
- Waukesha County Breastfeeding Coalition
- Check out your hospital classes for breastfeeding information and support.
Please thank our sponsor, Expecting & Empowered, who have sponsored the Prenatal Fitness section of this guide!
- Expecting & Empowered, Comprehensive Pregnancy Workout Guide (business run by two Wisconsin women)
- Soleil Lune Yoga Center, Prenatal Yoga
- Movement Center in Pewaukee, Prenatal Yoga and Pilates
- Most of the yoga studios offer classes that are suitable during pregnancy. Contact your favorite yoga studio to determine which class would be the right one for you.
- Nicki’s Diapers: Purchase cloth diapers and accessories. Online only and based out of Wisconsin
- Well Rounded Maternity Center: Cloth diaper basics class
- One Family’s Cloth Diapering Journey
- Julie Collins Photography
- Amanda Bradt Photography
- Caitlin Wyse Photography
- Talia Laird Photography
- Grant Images
- Kara Reese Photography
- Soul Shine Photography
Birth Announcements & Shower Invitations
Baby Shower Locations
- Golden Arrow Studios, Okauchee
- Revere’s Wells Street Tavern, Delafield
- Fish Hatchery Building, Delafield
- Oconomowoc Community Center, Oconomowoc
- Retzer Nature Center, Waukesha
- YoungStar: Wisconsin’s daycare rating and improvement system. Search for licensed child care options based on location, name, or rating.
- Certified In-Home Child Care, Waukesha County
- Chiropractic Company
- North Point Chiropractic
- The Specific Chiropractic Center
- Lake Country Health Center
- Hartland Family Chiropractic
- Traub Chiropractic Care Center
Hopefully this has helped you along your journey. To make sure you stay up to date and to connect with other moms in our community, sign up for our e-newsletter, join our Facebook group and follow us on Instagram.
You can meet many of these practitioners and service providers in person at Love Your Belly, an event honoring pregnancy and motherhood.
Plus, there are many mom groups and playgroups to join as well! You can find them here.