The ever-popular weekend Guide Has Arrived!
Find Things to do in Lake Country and Waukesha County with Kids this Weekend!
September 17 – September 19, 2021
Are you looking for things to do this September weekend? Are you hoping to make fall memories on a budget? Are you new to Lake Country or just visiting? Don’t worry, we live and breath finding fun for families. We have spent hours collecting all the fun things to do so you don’t have to. Skim our weekend guide, and get out there and make fun memories with your family!
Be sure to tag us in your fun on social @lakecountryfamilyfun on IG.
The weekend guide is the round-up of all the hottest events happening this week and weekend and things to do near you. No shortage of things to do with your family! For a full listing of the events for the day, check out our
popular Lake Country Events Calendar!
Happy Weekend! Is it fall or summer? The weather can’t decide!
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 79. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Friday: A chance of showers between 1pm and 4pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 82. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Saturday: A chance of thunderstorms before 7am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 74. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
*from weather.gov on 9/15/2021
Outdoor Options –
- It’s time for the fan favorite Retzer Nature Center’s Apple Harvest Festival!
- Pewaukee has Parktoberfest going on!
- Check out Scarecrow Lane at Retzer Nature Center.
- Ride in the Bicycle Tour of Lake Country.
- Crafters and shoppers – it’s time for the Holy Hill Art Farm Market!
- Looking for fall fun? Head to Busy Barns!
- With the chill in the air, check out HAWS Tales by the Fire – must RSVP!
- Check out Fall Festivals!
- Visit Little Amerricka! They are open on weekends through September 19!
- Visit Old World Wisconsin. We did on their opening day in June, and it’s a must visit in 2021 for families.
- Plus, save the dates for their upcoming Halloween Legends and Lore! See image below!
- Take in a Car Show at the Corners of Brookfield!
- Shop a rummage sale!
- Skim our SUMMER DATE NIGHT GUIDE for fun ideas for dates or lady or guys night outs!
- Find golf courses, lakes, camping, kayaking, biking, beer gardens all in one place bookmarked in our SUMMER PAGE.
- It’s time for the Dousman Beer garden!
- It’s time to enjoy FARMERS MARKETS. More and more produce is available as the summer goes along into fall!
- Outdoor LIVE music at Mama D’s in Wales!
- Play at a local park! We have our 27 favorites listed HERE.
- Hike through a Waukesha County Park.
- Our favorites are Retzer Nature Center and Nashotah Park.
- Try one of these 8 Hikes
- A friend and I did the Scuppernong a few weeks ago. It’s a great trail for the seasoned hiker with options for short or long hikes.
Indoor Options –
- Take a ride of the East Troy Electric Railroad, which is now open for the summer season!!
- See a planetarium show in Waukesha at the Retzer Nature Center.
- Get the wiggles out at SkyZone with their Little Leapers.
- Find more indoor play options in our Indoor Fun Guide.
- Visit the Domes!
ICYMI: We have a new contributor and she just wrote about 5 Tips for Visiting Little Amerricka! They are open on weekends through September 19, 2021!
POSTS OF THE WEEK
Please thank our weekend guide sponsor:
CHECK OUT OUR GUIDES AND LATEST NEWS!
We’ve been busy over at Lake Country Family Fun working on these 5 latest projects/guides:
See what people are saying about us…
CHECK OUT THE WEEKEND GUIDE
For Things To Do with your family
Events for week of September 19, 2021
This Week Navigation