Find Things to do in Lake Country and Waukesha County with Kids this Thanksgiving Weekend!
December 3-5, 2021
Are you looking for things to do this December weekend? Are you hoping to make winter and holiday memories on a budget? Are you new to Lake Country or just visiting? Don’t worry, we live and breath finding fun for families and supporting them in our community. We have spent hours collecting all the fun things to do so you don’t have to as well as resources for the best life possible. Skim our weekend guide, and get out there and make fun memories with your family!
Be sure to tag us in your fun on social @lakecountryfamilyfun on IG.
The weekend guide is the round-up of all the hottest events happening this Thanksgiving week and weekend and things to do near you. No shortage of things to do with your family! For a full listing of the events for the day, check out our
popular Lake Country Events Calendar!
It’s the Weekend!
Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: A chance of snow before 8am, then a chance of rain and snow between 8am and 11am, then a chance of rain after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
*from weather.gov on 12/1/2021
Outdoor Options –
- Check out a local tree lighting event:
- North Lake Tree Lighting
- Hartland Lights Tree Lighting
- Village of Sussex Tree Lighting
- Muskego Tree Lighting
- German Holiday and Tree Lighting in Brookfield
- Pewaukee Tree Lighting
- New Berlin Tree Lighting
- Christmas on the Ave Tree Lighting in West Allis
- Oconomowoc Tree Lighting
- Lannon Tree Lighting
- Watch a Holiday Parade:
- Midnight Magic Parade
- Elkhorn Christmas Card Town Parade
- Christmas on the Ave – West Allis Parade
- Oconomowoc Christmas Parade
- East Troy Christmas Train Parade
- Drive through the Illuminated Country Christmas
- You can also take a wagon ride through on Sunday.
- Muskego’s Jingle on Janesville event is ALL weekend!
- Glacier Rock Farms is back with their Enchanted Christmas event on Friday and Saturday!
- An egg hunt in the winter? Yes, in Pewaukee – check out Gnorman the Gnome’s egg hunt.
- Visit the Santa House in Oconomowoc.
- See Christmas Lights in Waukesha or ALL THROUGHOUT WAUKESHA COUNTY.
- Take in a Live Nativity
- It’s time for Breakfast with the Reindeer in Delafield.
- Go Home for the Holidays at Old World Wisconsin.
- Enjoy Christmas in Dousman all day Sunday.
- Turn off social media and #optoutside especially with the Waukesha tragedy still heavy in all our hearts and minds. It can be helpful to our mental health to turn off the buzz and head outside in nature.
Indoor Options –
- See Santa. He’s popping up all over the place this weekend.
- Have Brunch at Rustic Manor
- Have Breakfast at The Etcetera
- Have Breakfast at the Club at Lac La Belle/Rivalry Pub
- Have Breakfast at The Pfister
- Have Breakfast at Thunder Bay Grille
- Have Breakfast with Santa in Muskego
- Have Breakfast with Santa in Waukesha – supports the United for Waukesha Community Fund
- Have Breakfast with the King in Hartland. FREE event!
- Attend the Wildlife in Need Center Holiday Meet and Greet.
- Attend the Waukesha Art Crawl and support downtown Waukesha and #Waukesha Strong.
- Take in the Kids Holiday Fest in New Berlin.
- Skim our FALL DATE NIGHT GUIDE for fun ideas for dates or lady or guys night outs!
- Specifically, find out the lineup at Improv Milwaukee at the Corners of Brookfield. We’ve been to two shows and have left with belly laughs both times!
- It’s time to enjoy WINTER FARMERS MARKETS.
- Stone Bank Farm Market
- Downtown Waukesha
- Shop Local and Shop Small at a craft fair!
- Shop Small Businesses to support local all season long – plus, take advantage of one of these Drop and Shop events for the kids.
- Take a ride of the East Troy Electric Railroad, which is now open for the fall season!!
- Their Santa Train is SOLD OUT for 2021!
- See a planetarium show in Waukesha at the Retzer Nature Center.
- Get the wiggles out at SkyZone with their Little Leapers.
- Find more indoor play options in our Indoor Fun Guide.
- Visit the Domes! Their Holiday Show is OPEN!
ICYMI: We’ve published our 2021 Guide to Holiday Lights that Amaze! Mark your calendars for when these fun light displays are this year and make a plan to create memories with your family!
Moses Storm is a comic on the rise! A writer and performer on TBS’ Conan, actor on NBC’s Sunnyside and Netflix’s Arrested Development, he brings his physicality and unique perspective to every project. See him at the Improv fresh off of taping his debut HBO comedy special!
POSTS OF THE WEEK
Please thank our weekend guide sponsor:
CHECK OUT OUR GUIDES AND LATEST NEWS!
We’ve been busy over at Lake Country Family Fun working on these 8 latest projects/guides:
See what people are saying about us…
CHECK OUT THE WEEKEND GUIDE
For Things To Do with your family
Events for week of November 28, 2021
This Week Navigation