Wisconsin State Fair is almost here! It runs from August 2 -12. Hard to believe that it is already time for this summertime staple. There is plenty to do with the whole family it tow. We have lots of great State Fair Information below including
- Admission Deal Days
- Free Family Fun
- General Information
Before we jump to the details, we want to call out a few awesome tidbits about SAVINGS on the fair and tell you about our AWESOME our TICKET GIVEAWAY for 2018 thanks to our sponsor, the Wisconsin State Fair!!!
Please thank our sponsor:
The Wisconsin State Fair
A visit to the Wisconsin State Fair is an annual summer tradition for families and friends alike. Exploring the fabric of Wisconsin agriculture through the numerous animal barns, indulging in novel fair food and enjoying the thrilling rides and exciting games in SpinCity are all part of the memorable experiences enjoyed during each visit to the State Fair. The 2018 Wisconsin State Fair, presented by U.S. Cellular, will open Thursday, Aug. 2 and run through Sunday, Aug. 12 at Wisconsin State Fair Park in West Allis.
Enter to win 1 of 2 family 4-packs of tickets to the Wisconsin State Fair PLUS
We are giving away PAIR OF TICKETS EVERY DAY from July 25th – August 1st!!!
Simply enter your name and valid email address in the form below. *We will contact the winner via the email submitted. Please also be sure to comment on this Facebook post with your favorite part of the fair.
Only one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted. Giveaway ends Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 11:59 pm (CST). We will announce a winner of a pair of tickets each day 7/25 through 8/1 and the final family 4-pack winner on Thursday, August 2nd. *NEW* We will also be giving away one family 4-pack of tickets to one lucky reader of our LCFF newsletter on Monday, August 30th. To join the newsletter for details on this opportunity click here.
Contest has ended. See winner list below! Enjoy the Fair!
July 25th – Chris P.
July 26th – Kelly G.
July 27th – Darcy W.
July 28th – Melissa H.
July 29th – Stephanie T.
July 30th (2) – Cassandra S. & Linda M.
July 31st – Scott C.
August 1st – Jennifer W.
August 2nd – Tracy V.
Everyone Can Save
Even if you don’t win, you can still strike a great deal. Check out these amazing savings options below. But hurry!
- Prior to July 31, you can buy discounted ride and game sheet. Nearly 50% savings. More info here.
- Bargain Books are available to get you even more great savings at the fair this year.
- Through July 31, you can buy Cream Puff 6-pack voucher for $18 online here.
- Libraries Rock – Summer Reading Program – Youth can earn FREE youth admission upon completion of the Libraries Rock! Reading Program at any Waukesha or Jefferson County Library. Please contact your local library for details, or visit bridgeslibrarysystem.org. Tickets expire August 12, 2018. View more details about Waukesha County Libraries summer reading programs here.
- Dublin’ the Fun Fair Fest Deal – Just $18 gets you one State Fair Ticket and one Milwaukee Irish Fest ticket. That’s twice the fun for the price of one! Milwaukee Irish Fest runs August 16–19. Offer available through July 31, 2018 at WiStateFair.com and the State Fair Ticket Office. Also, don’t forget to Enter Lake Country Family Fun’s giveaway to win tickets to Irish Fest as well!
- Donate Blood – Save a life and Be a hero this July! Visit any BloodCenter of Wisconsin donor center in July, donate a pint of blood, and receive a FREE State Fair Ticket! For donation locations near you and to make an appointment, visit versiti.org/BCW. While supplies last.
Enjoy the FAIR!
Benefiting Hunger Task Force. Get into the Fair for just $2 when you donate at least two (2) cans of pears or peaches or make a cash donation outside any Fair admission entrance. Stop by Central Park to get your picture taken on the official Wells Fargo stagecoach and learn about the Hunger Task Force Farm!
Visiting Wisconsin? Visiting our great state? Lucky you! Buy two (2) adult admission tickets for ONLY $14 when you present your out-of-state ID at any Fair ticket window. Valid only on Friday, August 3.
Families save big during Kohl’s Family Value Day, Monday, August 6 at Wisconsin State Fair. ALL fairgoers will be eligible for discounted Fair admission from 8 am until 6 pm thanks to a partnership with Kohl’s. Adults will receive $6 admission (an $8 savings) and youth 11 and under will receive FREE admission (an $8 savings).
Save $4 on ONE adult gate admission ticket to be used before 6pm on Wednesday, August 8 only. Present your Meijer receipt when you spend $30 or more at Wisconsin Meijer stores between June 30 – August 8, 2018. Limit one receipt per offer. Redeem at any admission ticket window. Promotion will end promptly at 6pm.
Veterans, military personnel and their family members receive FREE admission to the Fair on Sunday, August 12 until 4 pm. Simply present your Military ID (DD214, VA ID, Military Common Access Card or Dependent ID) at any admission entrance and receive FREE admission for you and up to three (3) family members courtesy of Miller High Life.
FREE FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENTERTAINMENT
Looking for fun, family-friendly entertainment during your visit to the Fair? Check out one of the FREE entertainment stages, which feature comedians, jugglers and more!
– Activity Stage
– Daily Parade
– Associated Bank Amphitheater
– Grand Champion Hall Stage
– We Energies Energy Park Stage
– Wilderness Resort Family Variety Stage
– Wisconsin Products Pavilion Stage
– Racing Animals Arena
– Strolling Street Entertainment
– Free Live Music
KOHL’S ACTIVITY ZONE
The Wisconsin State Fair and the Wisconsin State Fair Park Foundation have partnered with Kohl’s for eight consecutive years! The partnership includes the annual Kohl’s Family Value Day on Monday, Aug. 6, which provides discounted admission to fairgoers, as well as the return of the interactive Kohl’s Activity Zone and “Fair Day” at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
During Kohl’s Family Value Day, ALL fairgoers will be eligible for discounted Fair admission from 8 am until 6 pm. One of the best promotions during the State Fair, adults will receive admission for only $6 (an $8 savings), and youth 11 and under will receive FREE admission (an $8 savings).
The Kohl’s Activity Zone opens at 9 am and closes at 5 pm daily. It’s located on South Grandstand Avenue and includes the following attractions:
- Kohl’s Color Wheels, an art-making experience presented by the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Kohl’s Design It! Mobile Lab, unique, hands-on projects highlighting design with Discovery World
- Kohl’s Wild Theater, conservation-themed theatrical performances from the Zoological Society of Milwaukee
- Kohl’s Building Blocks Program, a Penfield Children’s Center program that promotes the health and positive development of children and celebrates their unique abilities
Some other FREE entertainment you won’t want to miss includes:
- Compeer Financial Discovery Barn – Families will discover Wisconsin’s diverse and thriving agriculture industry through a variety of engaging activities, live demonstrations and more from 9 am-9 pm daily. Stop by and see baby farm animals, too! Located in Ag Village, east of the Farm and Family Building on Sue Wetley Court.
- Farm & Family Building – Connect with fun in the Farm & Family Building. Race a potato Porsche or carrot Camaro in the Veggie 500 and meet Alice in Dairyland. Learn about farm animals with our new life-size board game. Play Plinko, spin a big wheel or toss some bean bags to learn more about Wisconsin products and safe food for people and animals. Get tips on protecting yourself against common consumer scams. Get a special stamp on your scavenger hunt card at each game station and when you’ve filled your card, color a button to take home. The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection connects with you every day.
- House of MOO – Families will enjoy these educational and interactive exhibits located in the heart of Ag Village. Fairgoers of all ages will learn about Wisconsin’s vibrant dairy industry. The House of Moo is located in the Cattle Barn west of Central Avenue in Ag Village. Milking demonstrations occur daily at 11 am, 1, 3 and 5 pm in the milking parlor area on the southeast corner of the Livestock/Horse Barn on Central Avenue.
GIANT SLIDE – This Fair tradition is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2018! Hop on a burlap sack and take a magic carpet ride. Trips down the 200 ft. slide are only $2.50 each.
SKYGLIDER – Don’t miss this bird’s-eye view of all the fun down below! One-way tickets are $4.50, and round-trip is $7. Tickets are available at each end of the SkyGlider near the Exposition Center and on North Grandstand Avenue.
WONDERFAIR WHEEL – North America’s largest traveling Ferris wheel will return to Wisconsin at the 2018 Wisconsin State Fair. Located on the west side of State Fair Park, where the West Side Marketplace previously stood, the WonderFair Wheel presented by Meijer features 36 fully enclosed, brightly colored gondolas. Each gondola has a capacity of six people, and one gondola offers accessible seating. The ride time from start to finish is approx. 10 minutes, and an average of 1,100 fairgoers can ride each hour. Rides cost $5 per person. The 400,000 lb. ride, standing 15 stories high and featuring 528,000 vibrant LED lights, offers a breathtaking view of the city, with visibility of 10 miles or more from the top of the wheel. Wisconsin State Fair is one of only three fairs at which the ride will be featured in 2017.
SPINCITY AMUSEMENT RIDE & GAME AREA – Don’t miss SpinCity – the Fair’s exciting Amusement Ride and Game Area! SpinCity features a super assortment of more than 50 amazing rides and attractions. Thirty fun games also await all adults and children alike, complete with plenty of great chances to win fabulous prizes! The area will also offer well-shaded seating areas and plenty of delicious concessions.
Find the full ride list (including height requirements) here.
WISCONSIN STATE FAIR HOURS:
8 am – 11 pm Sunday – Thursday
8 am – 12 am Friday & Saturday
8 am – 10 pm Final Sunday
FAIR PARK ADDRESS:
640 S. 84th Street, West Allis, WI
General Fair Information can be found here.
We hope that you enjoy the Wisconsin State Fair in 2018!
Other: Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entering the giveaway. Entrants must be located in the U.S. The winner will be selected at random and notified via the email that was submitted. Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize, or another winner will be chosen. Only one entry person. Duplicates will be deleted.
Disclosure: Many thanks to the Wisconsin State Fair for providing the free tickets for this giveaway.