SummerFest is right around the corner! Do you head out to the Big Gig every summer? What’s your favorite part of the festival – the food? the entertainment? the concerts? All three mixed together?
SummerFest has just released their admission promotions so you can be sure to get in for FREE or a reduced rate.
KOHL’S FAMILY DAY will be on Sunday, July 1 from noon to 3:00 (while supplies last)
The first 2,500 patrons who donate 3 nutritious non-perishable food items for kids will receive 1 FREE admission ticket, valid for the day and time of the promotion only. Suggested items include: canned chicken or tuna, fruits canned in 100% juice and low sodium vegetables. All donations benefit Hunger Task Force. Presented by Kohl’s.
Children’s Fest Day will be Thursday, July 5 from noon to 3:00
Find all the daily Summerfest promotions here.
If you are headed out on a date night or guys/girls night, our favorite is to see a favorite band at the American Family Insurance Ampitheater. You can find the entire 2018 concert line-up here.
Check out our tips for heading down to the lakefront this summer:
- Plan and prepare your visit ahead of time.
- Shuttle in. There is parking available on and near the grounds, but we’ve been stuck in a traffic jam when the festival closes where it has taken us an hour to move a mile. Beat the traffic and shuttle in from the many area park and rides.
- Since we are coming from Lake Country, we like to park at the Delafield/Naga-waukee Ice Arena park and ride.
- The bus also picks up from the Meadowbrook Park-Ride lot (I-94 and County Highway G), the Goerke’s Corners Park-Ride lot (I-94 and Barker Road), and Eble Park Ice Arena (19400 W. Bluemound Rd.).
- See the schedule here.
- Round trip tickets are $11 for adults and $6 for children purchased at the point of origin.
- Call (262) 542-8861 for more information.
- If riding the bus in isn’t your style, you can Uber as well to avoid driving in.
- The main Uber Zone is located right outside of the Mid Gate at E. Chicago St. & N. Jackson St.
- New Uber users can get a free ride (up to $15) using code SF2018. Offer valid through 7/8/18.
- BACKPACKS or bags larger than 9x10x12 are not allowed and all bags will be searched.
- If you are heading down with other adults, just bring the necessities and leave your purse/bag at home.
- If you are heading down with family and need a diaper bag, again sort through it and only bring what is absolutely necessary. Also measure to ensure it is smaller than 9*10*12.
What are your tips for enjoying the Big Gig?
Find more Summer Fun in our 77 Things do Do this Summer Guide.