SummerFest is right around the corner! Do you head out to the Big Gig every summer? What’s your favorite part of the festival – the food? the entertainment? the concerts? All three mixed together?
Nintendo Switch Fans!!
The Nintendo Switch Road Trip tour is coming to Milwaukee during Summerfest!! From Wednesday, July 3 through Sunday, July 7th, find them at the Summerfest Grounds.
Find more details here.
SummerFest has just released their admission promotions so you can be sure to get in for FREE or a reduced rate.
KOHL’S FAMILY DAY will be on Sunday, June 30 from noon to 3:00 (while supplies last)
The ﬁrst 2,500 festival goers who donate three nutritious non-perishable food items will receive one free admission ticket, valid for the day and time of the promotion only. The Hunger Task Force will distribute the non-perishable food items to Milwaukee-area children, families and seniors. Suggested items include: canned chicken or tuna, fruits canned in 100% juice and low sodium vegetables.
Children’s Fest Day will be Tuesday, July 2 from noon to 3:00
Find all the daily Summerfest promotions here.
If you are headed out on a date night or guys/girls night, our favorite is to see a favorite band at the American Family Insurance Ampitheater. You can find the entire 2019 concert line-up here.
Check out our tips for heading down to the lakefront this summer:
- Plan and prepare your visit ahead of time. Know where you are going.
- Shuttle in. There is parking available on and near the grounds, but we’ve been stuck in a traffic jam when the festival closes where it has taken us an hour to move a mile. Beat the traffic and shuttle in from the many area park and rides.
- Since we are coming from Lake Country, we like to park at the Delafield/Naga-waukee Ice Arena park and ride.
- The bus also picks up from the Meadowbrook Park-Ride lot (I-94 and County Highway G), the Goerke’s Corners Park-Ride lot (I-94 and Barker Road), and Eble Park Ice Arena (19400 W. Bluemound Rd.).
- See the schedule here.
- Round trip tickets are $11 for adults and $6 for children purchased at the point of origin.
- Call (262) 542-8861 for more information.
- If riding the bus in isn’t your style, you can Uber as well to avoid driving in.
- The main Uber Zone is located right outside of the Mid Gate at E. Chicago St. & N. Jackson St.
- BACKPACKS or bags larger than 9x10x12 are not allowed and all bags will be searched.
- If you are heading down with other adults, just bring the necessities and leave your purse/bag at home.
- If you are heading down with family and need a diaper bag, again sort through it and only bring what is absolutely necessary. Also measure to ensure it is smaller than 9*10*12.
What are your tips for enjoying the Big Gig?
Find Free Summer Fun HERE.
Find 77 Things to do this Summer HERE.