Can I let you in on a little secret? Shh…okay…here it goes…I’ve never had a Paczki. Nope. Not one. I didn’t even know what one was until about the last ten years or so, but even then haven’t gotten around to trying one. BUT, it’s about that time. The time when people are out searching for the best ones. The “real” ones. Luckily, we have awesome readers, and they have found the best ones in the area!
First…if you are not Polish and not from here, you might be wonderin, what are you even talking about. Well, a Paczki is a jelly filled doughnut, usually prune, but can be made with many flavors. It’s a Polish tradition to be eaten on Fat Tuesday, the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday. This year, that falls on Tuesday, February 25.
Top 10 Places for Paczkis
- Grebe’s Bakery (Sentry Delafield)
- Baker Meister in Okauchee
- Danielle’s Deli
- Sweet Perfections in Waukesha
- National Bakery and Deli – New Berlin/Brookfield
- National Bakery Milwaukee
- The Polish Center in Franklin
- Cranky Al’s in Tosa
- Piggly Wiggly
- Bonus: Order your Paczkis from Goddess & The Baker by 10am Monday (raspberry, bavarian cream, bluberry).
Join the conversation on Facebook to learn more about where to find the best Paczkis around! ⤵️