Can I let you in on a little secret? Shh…okay…here it goes…I’ve never had a Paczki (pronounced poonch-key). Nope. Not one. And the worst part is I am 50% polish. I didn’t even know what one was until about the last ten years or so, but even then haven’t gotten around to trying one. BUT, it’s about that time. The time when people are out searching for the best ones. The “real” ones. Luckily, we have awesome readers, and they have found the best ones in the area!
First…if you are not Polish and not from here, you might be wondering, what are you even talking about. Well, a Paczki is a jelly filled doughnut, usually prune, but can be made with many flavors. It’s a Polish tradition to be eaten on Fat Tuesday, the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday. This year, that falls on Tuesday, March 1.
Top 10 Places for Paczkis
- Grebe’s Bakery (Sentry Delafield)
- Baker Meister in Okauchee (not today due to a fire on 3/1/2022)
- Danielle’s Deli in Brookfield
- Sweet Talkin’ Treats in Watertown (order online too)
- Sweet Perfections in Waukesha (even boozy ones)
- National Bakery and Deli – New Berlin/Brookfield
- The Polish Center in Franklin
- Periwinkle’s Bakery/Rochester Deli in Waukesha
- Cranky Al’s in Tosa
OTHER PLACES YOU CAN GET PACZKI’S
- Piggly Wiggly
- Goddess & The Baker had then in multiple flavors in 2020
See the conversation on Facebook to learn more about where to find the best Paczkis around! ⤵️