The bolded restaurants in the guide are partners with LCFF.
Do you find yourself asking the following questions:
Where is the best Lakefront Dining by me?
Where can I sit outside on a patio to dine?
where can I eat outside?
Well, we’ve got you covered with Waukesha County’s best outdoor dining spots. Some have lake views, other great patios and a few have beaches! In colder months, there is no greater joy than dining outdoors in the warmth and glow of an igloo or enjoying a heated patio or tent. There are so many options in Lake Country!
Want to know more about the Lakes of Lake Country? Click here for that guide.
Please thank our GUIDe SPONSOR:
This guide is split into 5 categories:
Click below on the section you want to be taken to:
- Best on-the-lake dining
- Lakefront dining with a beach
- Best outdoor seating/patios (not on-the-lake)
- Patios with outdoor heated dining for fall/winter (seasonal)
- Outdoor Dome Dining Options (seasonal)
Are we missing your favorite patio dining spot or lakefront dining restaurant? Tell us in the comment form below.
Best on the Lake Dining in Lake Country
- AJ’s Bar and Grill on Muskego Lake
- Artisan 179 on Pewaukee Lake
- Bass Bay Brewhouse on Bass Bay Lake
- Smoke on the Water on Okauchee Lake
- Chocolate Factory on Pewaukee Lake
- Coco’s Seafood and Steakhouse on Fowler Lake
- Copper Dock on Friess Lake
- Curly’s on Pewaukee Lake
- Doc’s Dry Dock on Pewaukee Lake
- Edgewater on Pewaukee Lake
- Foolery’s on Okauchee Lake
- Gina’s Sports Dock on Pewaukee Lake
- Golden Lake Pub on Golden Lake
- Golden Mast on Okauchee Lake
- Fishbones on Nagawicka Lake
- Hollywood’s on Okauchee Lake (cannot get to via boat)
- Kim’s Lakeside on Pewaukee Lake
- Lago Su Bella on Lac La Belle (no patio seating)
- Lucky Chucky’s Beach Bar and Grill on Silver Lake
- Panga Bar & Grill on Upper Nemahbin Lake
- Seaboard Bar & Grill on Pewaukee Lake (formerly Ristorante Lago)
- Seesters on Pewaukee Lake
- Splash Martini Bar on Lac La Belle
- The Etcetera on Fowler Lake – rooftop seating remodeled in 2022!
- 5 O-Clock Club on Pewaukee Lake
Lakefront Dining with a Beach
These restaurants offer lakeside and lakefront dining in a casual atmosphere and are family friendly as they have a beach for the kids to play in while waiting for the food to arrive.
- Foolery’s on Okauchee Lake
- Gina’s Sports Dock on Pewaukee Lake
- There is a snack shop at City Beach in Oconomowoc
- The Pewaukee downtown lakefront restaurants are a street across from the beach
Best Patio Dining in Lake Country and Waukesha County
All of the Restaurants above on the “On-the-lake” list have great patios, plus the following:
- Rivalry Pub in Oconomowoc at the Club at Lac La Belle
- AJ O’Brady’s in Menomonee Falls
- Americas Continental
- Andreas Red Rooster in Waukesha
- Angelinas in Delafield
- Beer Snobs in Hartland
- Bel Air Cantina at Corners of Brookfield
- Belfast Station in Sussex
- Belfre in Delafield
- Bryants on the Round in Okauchee
- Bullwinkles in Brookfield
- Butler Inn in Pewaukee
- Café Hollander at Corners of Brookfield
- Shoppers Respite First Floor Patios & Rooftop
- Open-Air Four Seasons Private Dining Room
- Indoor Open-Air Garage Door Dining
- Cafe Manna in Brookfield
- Carlee’s Bar & Grill in Pewaukee
- Cornerstone Oconmowoc
- David Alan Alan’s Smokehouse & Saloon in Mukwonago
- Delafield Brewhaus
- Ella’s Public House in Wales
- Fiesta Cancun in Oconomowoc
- Grill 164 in Oconomowoc
- Grill Junkies in Delafield
- I.d. in Delafield
- Joe Mamas in Colgate
- Kim’s in Stonebank
- Kurt’s Steakhouse in Delafield
- Main Mill in Menomonee Falls
- Mama D’s in Wales
- Margaritas Mexican grill in Waukesha
- Mazatlán in Delafield
- Mr. Brew’s in Menomonee Falls
- Nettie’s Irish Pub in Pewaukee
- North Lake Bear Trap in North Lake
- North Star American Bistro in Brookfield
- Overboard at Sam’s in Okauchee
- Park Avenue Pizza in Pewaukee
- Parkside 23 in Brookfield
- People’s Park in Waukesha
- The Terrace at Raised Grain Brewery in Waukesha
- Revere’s in Delafield
- Ron’s Cozy Corner in Oconomowoc
- Rumor’s Sports Bar & Grille in Sussex
- Senior Tomas in Hartland
- Sobie’s in Oconomowoc
- SOCIAL HAUS in Menomonee Falls
- Steel Tank Brewery in Oconomowoc
- Stoll’s Olde 109 in Lebanon
- Tekila in Sussex on Main Street
- The 5 O’Clock Club in Pewaukee
- Thirsty Duck in Sussex
- Thunder Bay Grille in Pewaukee
- Twisted Fire in Oconomowoc
- Twisted Vine Wine Bar in Pewaukee
- Vino Cappuccino in Brookfield
- Vintage Grounds patio in Muskego
- Zesti in Hartland
- Zin in Delafield
10+ Outdoor heated dining options
Note: This section was updated last season and is not updated again until late 2022.
1. Bass Bay Brewhouse in Muskego has an outdoor patio tent that is heated.
2. Tabi’s Winebar in Downtown Hartland has an outdoor patio and even better it is heated! They are kid-friendly and have games and NA fun drinks.
3. Mr. Brews Taphouse in Menomonee Falls has a great patio for outdoor seating that also has two heaters ready to go for the cooler weather. A third heater is on the way!
4. Fall-fresco dining is easy at The Corners of Brookfield, where patrons can enjoy outdoor dining comfortably thanks to dozens of patio heaters being set up at BelAir Cantina, Café Hollander, Goddess and the Baker, Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, Silverspot Cinema and Wahlburgers. Four fire pits with lounge furniture are also being installed at the town center to provide added seating and comfort for guests.
5. Magellan’s on Main in Waukesha has outdoor seating! They currently have 7 booths outside and their bar is open air. They are able to open up the front of the building completely on both our bar side and dining side. They have an open air booth on dining side where you can still be indoors but enjoy the outdoors!
6. Bilda’s Freiss Lake Pub in Hubertus has heaters on both of their decks.
7. Stolley’s Hogg Alley in Oconomowoc has out an outdoor heated patio.
8. Stoll’s Olde 109 in Watertown has an outdoor heated patio.
9. Artisan 179 in Pewaukee has outdoor, heated seating. They have 4 heaters, 2 on each patio & 2 fireplace tables as well that seat 6-8 guests at each.
10. 5 O’Clock Club in Pewaukee has heaters on the patio and will use them when the weather permits.
11. Zesti in Hartland has outdoor heaters on their patio.
12. Mama D’s Genesee Depot location and Wales location has plenty of seating by their fireside hangout! It is the perfect atmosphere for sipping a hot drink, enjoying one of our grilled panini sandwiches, or munching on a sweet treat!
13. Splash Martini Bar has 3 fire pit tables and a few heaters.
14. Beer Snobs Ale & Eats in Hartland has outdoor heating.
15. Palmer’s Steakhouse in Hartland has outdoor heating.
Outdoor dome dining options
Note: This section was last updated in early November 2021. Outdoor domes are seasonal. Check back around December 2022!
THE DOMES AT BELFRE IN DELAFIELD – Book now!
ZIN UNCOMMON IN DELAFIELD – SNOW GLOBES – Call to book.
CAFE HOLLANDER AT THE CORNERS OF BROOKFIELD – Will be back for Winter Fun in 2021
PALMER’S STEAKHOUSE – PRIVATE WINTER IGLOO – Book now
Note: Their “Igloo” is what they refer to when they close off our entire patio. It seats 10-15 people
FISHBONES IN DELAFIELD GLOBES (not pictured) TBD 2021.
SMOKE ON THE WATER – TBD 2021.