The Lake Country Beer Gardens Guide is sponsored by Raised Grain Brewery Co.
Beer Gardens are a huge summer hit for Lake Country families. The kids can play and the parents can hang out in a local park/outdoor venue. Not only do they bring great beer to beer lovers of drinking age, but they bring it to outdoor settings great for kids and adults of all ages. Most beer gardens boast great food, lawn games, and other drink options like wine or soda, and of course, water. The phenomena of beer gardens, or as the German would say, biergartens, is here.
A few years ago, Lake Country didn’t boast many, if any, beer gardens. Flash forward to 2022, and we have tons listed!! I’ve authored this guide for many years now and it’s always one of my favorite to update (and my husband is happy when it’s updated too).
Read on to find where you can experience a local beer garden. Prost!
LCFF promotes responsible drinking. Please drink responsibly and call a driver if you need one. Beer Gardens are intended to be family friendly and fun – let’s keep them that way. Soda and water are available at these events as well.
THANK YOU TO OUR LAKE COUNTRY BEER GARDEN GUIDE SPONSOR:
Find Raised Grain also at:
PARK LOCATIONS & DATES
May 27-29 Minooka
June 3-4 Fox River
June 10-11 Menomonee
June 24-25 Muskego
July 1-2 Mukwonago
July 8-9 Retzer Nature Center
Find County Park Information including how to get your sticker here.
2022 Lake Country Waukesha County Beer Garden Options
Enjoy more of the great outdoors at The Terrace at Raised Grain featuring outdoor tables and seating all anchored by our open air container bar with full service and 8 beers on tap.
- Open air bar featuring seating
- Walk up order station
- Outdoor tables and seating
- Beer and food table service through RG Order
- Dog friendly
1725 Dolphin Drive
Waukesha, WI 53186
The Raised Grain Brewing Company & Waukesha County Parks planned to host a fifth year of pop-up beer gardens in 2022.
All Pop-Up Beer Garden locations will be open Friday from 4-9 pm and Saturday from 3-9 pm. As a bonus day, the Pop-Up Beer Garden will be open on Sunday, May 29 from 3-9pm to help celebrate Memorial Day weekend!
What’s On Tap:
We’ll have seven of our beers on tap, including our Guitar City Gold Lager, Pivo Boho Czech Pilsner, Summer Vice Hefeweizen, Naked Threesome IPA, Take ‘er Easy Pale Ale, Boxcar’s English Amber, and Mello Rillo Session Hazy IPA.
In addition to beer, Diamond Hard Seltzer will be available for purchase. Diamond Hard Seltzer—brewed by Raised Grain—is 100 calories per 12oz serving, 5% ABV, and Gluten Removed. Flavors will rotate each week.
What To Expect:
Guests can expect to find yard games, other events, music and fun family attractions. Some parks have swimming access and playgrounds. In addition to Raised Grain’s award-winning beer, Pop-Up Beer Gardens may feature a rotating lineup of Waukesha County based food trucks.
Please note: The Park System’s Automatic License Plate Reader System is active and vehicle license plates are automatically recorded. A Daily Park Entrance Permit or Annual Park Entrance Sticker is required for all vehicles utilizing the fee-based parks. Purchase entry permits online now! Pay within 5 days of visit to avoid a violation ticket.
May 27-29 Minooka
June 3-4 Fox River
June 10-11 Menomonee
June 24-25 Muskego
July 1-2 Mukwonago
July 8-9 Retzer Nature Center
What I loved about the Waukesha County Park Pop-Up Beer Garden was that my favorite beers were brought close to me and I could enjoy them in a family friendly, outdoor and local setting. My kids and I attended a few and the kids had fun running around with their friends, while I enjoyed my beer and tasty food while enjoying the summer day. I like that the sign was up near the park each time it was “popping-up” by me, so I remembered to visit. It was also a great way to enjoy and support our county parks.
Follow RAISED GRAIN’S FACEBOOK PAGE for up-to-date information on each pop-up beer garden, including any inclement weather updates, food trucks or other entertainment. More information on their WEBSITE.
Sussex Beer Gardens
5:00 pm – 8:00 PM
- Thursday, June 2 @ The Grove at Village Park
- Thursday, July 21 @ Prides Crossing Park
- Thursday, August 25 @ Sussex Civic Center
- Thursday, September 22 @ Village Park
- Sussex Main Street Block Party Sunday, August 14; 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM @ Sussex Civic Center
Dousman Beer Gardens @ Cory Park
- June 25; 5-10 PM
- September 24; 5-10 PM
Johnson Creek Beer Gardens @ Johnson Creek Premium Outlet Friday 3-8 and Sat 2-8
- Friday, June 17
- Saturday, June 18
- Friday, July 15
- Saturday, July 16
- Friday, August 19
- Saturday, August 20
- Friday, September 16
- Satuday, September 17
The Tap Yard Beer Garden will be at Fox Brook Park in Brookfield. It will feature more than 28 taps of beer, as well as wine, hard seltzers and several food options.
The beer garden will be open from Wednesdays through Sundays weekly, through Nov. 1. There are also different themes each night, including trivia nights, family game nights and a rotating food truck series.
The food truck series, to be held on the last Sunday of each month, includes:
- May: Grilled Cheese Fest
- June: Taco Fest
- July: Barbeque Fest
- August: General
- September: Bacon Fest
- October: Cheese Curd Fest
The beer garden will be open from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, noon to 9 p.m. Saturday and noon to 7p.m. Sunday.
County Park fees apply.
You can learn more on their Facebook page.
Join Lake Country families in Pewaukee EVERY THURSDAY this summer starting June 2, 2022 through September in conjunction with the water ski show! The event is a family friendly beer garden with the bonus of the Pewaukee Water Ski shows. Root beer on tap will assure a good time for the whole family.
Additionally, find them at the following dates/times:
- 5/7 12-5, Wagner Park, N31W23320 Green Road Pewaukee, Shorty’s Grilled Cheese
- 5/27-5/28 5-9PM, Springdale Park, W226N2400 OAKWOOD LANE
- 6/3 5-9PM, Kiwanis Village Park, 325 Capitol Drive, Pewaukee
- 6/4, 5-9PM, Nettesheim Park, N26W27495 Prospect Ave, Pewaukee
- 7/9 5-9PM, Pewaukee Youth Baseball Fundraiser, N31W23320 Green Road Pewaukee
- 8/12 5-9PM, Nettesheim Park, N26W27495 Prospect Ave, Pewaukee
- 8/13, Village of Wales 100th Anniversary, TBD
- 9/16 5-9PM, Movie Night in the Park, 325 Capitol Drive Pewaukee
- 9/17 5-9PM, Village Park, 325 Capitol Drive Pewaukee
- 9/23 5-9PM, Oktoberfest, 325 Capitol Drive, Pewaukee
- 9/24 5-9PM, Village Park, 325 Capitol Drive, Pewaukee
- 9/30, 5-9PM, Village Park, 325 Capitol Drive, Pewaukee
- 10/1 5-10PM, Movie Night in the Park, 325 Capitol Drive Pewaukee
- 10/22 5-8PM, Halloween in Delafield
- 12/3 12-4PM, Winter-beergo, 325 Capitol Drive Pewaukee
The BEERGO is a classic motor home, professionally fitted with a custom 8-tap draft beer system and a custom built unattached bar area. The vibe is kitschy, yet classy and speaks to our Wisconsin outdoors. Patrons are saying that it is a great time and great way to enjoy outdoors and Pewaukee.
I finally had the opportunity to check Winnebeergo out in 2018. I enjoyed that the ski show provided entertainment for myself and my kiddos while I enjoyed offerings. Plus, these guys are hilarious!
The beer garden, run by Patrick Endter, owner of Endter’s Sports Grill, will be open May 26, 2022. The beer garden hours are 4 to 9 pm Thursdays, Friday and Saturdays and 2-7pm on Sundays.
Available for purchase were draft and packaged beer, wine, pretzels, popcorn, brats and more. Beer garden visitors enjoyed live music throughout the summer.
Nixon Concert Series found HERE. These only occur on Thursday nights.
What I loved about the Lake Country Beer Garden at Nixon Park was the ambiance. I absolutely loved the string lights at dusk, the fountain in the pond in the background, the games (mega jenga and bags), and the kids laughing in the background at the park or splash park. It was a perfect venue for ultimate lake country family fun!
Erin’s family enjoying the Lake Country Beer Garden:
You can follow them at their FACEBOOK PAGE.
For Details on the status of the Hartland Splash Pad click here.
Saturday Beer Garden – OPENING May 21st, 2022! The Depot Beer Garden, your Saturday night Menomonee Falls Beer Garden, will be open every Saturday from May 21 – October 8, 2022, weather permitting. Hours are from 3 – 9 PM, with extended hours during special events. The park is located at N96 W15791 County Line Road at Old Falls Village Park in Menomonee Falls. See their full schedule (it’s very full) HERE.
Meet your friends and bring the family for Saturday at the Beer Garden at Old Falls Village! Live music, an assortment of delicious sandwiches and snacks, kid’s games, beautiful picnic grounds and BEER! Pets on leash are welcome!
Live Music Thursdays in the Square! Dates are July 7 – Sept 15th.
Enjoy a cold brew from Cafe Hollander + live, local music every Thursday at The Corners.
Food will be available for purchase day-of, or pre-order ahead of time!
Times are 5:30 – 8pm. View the schedule of live music here.
Find the contact info here.
- TWO Dates in 2022
- SATURDAY, June 25, 2022 from 5-10pm
- SATURDAY, September 24, 2022 from 5-10 pm
- At Cory Park in Dousman
- Enjoy our beautiful community park with family and friends!
- There’ll be Food – Beer – Music – Fun.
The Village of Sussex will unveil its third annual travelling beer garden in the summer of 2022: Pints in the Park.
Join this summer for Pints in the Park Traveling Beer Garden at four Sussex parks. We’ll have craft beer by Brewfinity Brewing and rotating food trucks.
Our June 2 beer garden at The Grove at Village Park will feature our our first-ever Trivia Night, co-sponsored by the Pauline Haass Public Library.
All events are 5-8pm.
- The June 2 Pints in the Park event will be held at Elm Grove/Village Park.
- The July 21 event will be at Prides Crossing Park.
- The August 25th event will be at the Sussex Civic Center.
- The September 22nd event will be at Sussex Village park.
Stay up to date via their Facebook Page.
Stay up to date on the Sussex Splash Pad info here.
Grab a beverage, root beer float, or treat and go explore amazing downtown.
VGBG will include a wide variety of beer. Stay tuned for the beer list and posts to come about volunteer sign ups!
- JUNE: Friday June 16- Sunday June 18th featuring TBD
- JULY: Friday July 14 – Sunday July 16th featuring TBD
- AUGUST: Friday August 18- Sunday August 21st featuring TBD
- SEPTEMBER: Fall Fest is September 10, 2022
Erin and her family checked out the June 2018 Oconomowoc Beer Garden. They attended the Saturday evening garden, played checkers and bags with their kiddos and met up with some local friends. What Erin loved was that there were games set out to play with their kids, the Ale Asylum that was on tap, was delicious, and they were able to walk to a food truck and eat it at the garden. The Village Green did not become busy until closer to 8:00 pm, and up until about then, there were plenty of picnic tables and chairs set out to accommodate the crowd. There were many other families there, too. All in all, it was a great summer night out in Lake Country!
Check the Downtown Oconomowoc Business Association PAGE for more details.
Component Brewing is teaming with the City of New Berlin for three beer gardens to be held at Malone Park, July 8-10 , July 29-31 and August 12-14. On Oct. 2, a 4th beer garden will be held at Historical Park in conjunction with the Applefest.
In addition to beer, there will be food, music and games.
Check the City of New Berlin FACEBOOK PAGE or newberlin.org for more information.
BRING YOUR LAWN CHAIRS AND ENJOY AMAZING FOOD, BEVERAGE, AND ENTERTAINMENT UNDER THE STARS THIS SUMMER! THE LOCATION COULDN’T BE EASIER TO FIND, SITUATED AT 18725 HOFFMAN AVENUE LOCATED IN THE QUAINT VILLAGE AREA OF BROOKFIELD.
- THURSDAY, MAY 26TH, 5-9 PM, FEATURING 3D DEBRAAL BROTHERS
- THURSDAY, JUNE 23, 5-9 PM, FEATURING RYAN MCINTYRE
- THURSDAY, JULY 28, 5-9 PM, FEATURING TBD
- THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND, 5-9 PM, TBD
- THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 5-9 PM, FEATURING TBD
See their WEBSITE for more information.
Wednesdays June 1 – August 24, 2022 from 5-9pm
I went in 2019. I like a lot of the nearby vendors and businesses and it is neat that one of the goals of the beer garden is to increase foot traffic and help local businesses. Plus, who doesn’t love beautiful downtown Menomonee Falls, heck, my wedding photos were taken there 🙂
You can catch information on the Menomonee Falls Downtown webpage HERE, including the music lineup.
MORE NEARBY BEER GARDENS TO ENJOY
- Check out this fun event on October 1: Steins for Scouts Airtoberfest.
- Located at the Waukesha County Airport.
- View the BEST LOCAL PATIO DINING GUIDE for awesome Patios. There are beer gardens at many including, but not limited to:
- Beer Garden at the Delafield Brewhaus
- Beer Garden at the Schwabenhof in Menomonee Falls
- Beer Garden at Hop Harvest & Vine Public House in Pewaukee
- TYRANENA BREWERY BEER GARDEN in Lake Mills has a huge (I mean huge) outdoor patio surrounded by a grassy area. Bring your own food (not beverages) in and they even have a grill to grill your food on. On Friday and Saturday evenings they have live music and there is a schedule with food trucks as well! You may bring your children and dogs (on a leash). Visit their website for more information!
- The Landing at Hoyt Park in Wauwatosa.
- Milwaukee Zoo Beer Garden is near the new entrance and Otter Exhibit! It’s also called the “Bear” Garden because of it’s location near the grizzly bear.
- VON ROTHENBURG BIER STUEBE in Germantown has an awesome outdoor dining area and beer garden in the warmer months. I’m partial to this one, being from Germantown, but this is a legit German restaurant and bar down to the food, decor, beer & attire. Show up in lederhosens for a discount!
- The ESTABROOK BEER GARDEN in Milwaukee is the first public Beer Garden in the U.S.A. since Prohibition and features beer brewed in Germany by the Staatliches Hofbrauhaus. Note: We love the park here and the pretzel was delish! Opened on April 23, 2022.
- The TRAVELING BEER GARDENS are two, simultaneously running, tours traveling through Milwaukee County Parks and the money helps improve the parks. More info HERE. (Starting week of May 11, 2022!)
- Pass Me a Pint Tour Schedule:
- Froemming Park, May 25 – June 12
- Juneau Park, June 15 – July 4
- Mccarty Park, July 6 – 24
- Doctors Park, July 27 – August 14
- Juneau Park, August 17 – Sept 5
- Roll Out the Barrel Tour Schedule:
- Juneau Park, May 11 – May 30
- Cooper Park, June 1 – June 19
- Grant Park, June 22 – July 10
- Lake Park, July 13 – July 31
- Greenfield Park, August 3 – August 21
- Pass Me a Pint Tour Schedule:
- Deer District Beer Garden
- Find details here.
- Milwaukee County Permanent Beer Gardens In addition to the traveling beer garden, Milwaukee County hosts 5 permanent location gardens. More info HERE.
- South Shore Terrace (South Shore Park on Lake Michigan) – OPEN FOR SEASON
- Whitnall Park –OPEN FOR SEASON
- Estabrook (listed above)
- The Vine Humboldt Park Wine & Beer Garden – The 2022 Season is set to begin May 26! Join us for the new concert series, Jazz at The Vine.
- The Landing at Hoyt Park – The 2022 Season is set to begin in May 13.