Hello May! Hopefully, the April showers (and snow) are over, and we can all smell the beautiful May flowers! I love May, because the weather is turning warmer, and it means summer will be here before you know it. Before wishing summer to be here, though, let’s enjoy all the fun that May has to offer and do May right 🙂
PLEASE THANK OUR MAY GUIDE SPONSOR:
15 Ways to Do May Right in 2019!
1 - Celebrate Children's Book Week (April 29 - May 5, 2019)
Children’s Book Week is the the yearly acknowledgement of books for children and the joy of reading. Try visiting your local library and picking out a new children’s book to enjoy.
3 - Celebrate May the 4th (be with you)
- Celebrate at Miller Park!
- May the 4th Celebration at Books and Company
- Star Wars Day Party with Orangehat Publishing (May 4th)
- Barnes and Noble LEGO Star Wars Event (May 4th) Brookfield
- Oconomowoc Community Orchestra Concert – May the 4th Be With You
- Twisted Fire in Oconomowoc will be having a May the 4th Party
4 - Visit a Local Preschool in Waukesha County
5 - Support Your Local Fire Department
7 - Celebrate Mom
- Nominate an inspiring mom (or 10) to be entered to win our Brunch giveaways.
- Take mom out for brunch: Lake Country Family Fun’s Mother’s Day Brunch Guide
- May 1: Mother’s Day Make and Take Workshop Brookfield
- May 3: Mommy and Me event at Snips and Giggles
- May 7-11; May 14-18: Join other women at the Habitat for Humanity Women’s Build Event
- May 8: Mother’s Day Flower Craft Make and Take at the Big Bend Library
- May 9: Ladies Night in Downtown Menomonee Falls
- May 10 and 11: FREE Flowers at Wisconsin Harley Davidson
- May 11: American Dojo’s Mommy and Me event
- May 11: Mother’s Day Storytime and Tea in Butler
- May 11: Love Your Belly event
- May 11: Mother’s Day Workshop at Brown Street Emporium – Must sign up ahead of time.
- May 11: Mom’s Day Ride at Knollwood Farms
- May 11: Barnes and Noble Storytime
- May 11 and 12: Ebert’s Events “Cutest Containers for Mom”
- May 12: Mother’s Day Celebration at Old World Wisconsin
- May 12: The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens will be offering FREE kids activities including make-and-take gifts for Mothers and grandmothers!
- May 12: Make a cake for mom at Sendik’s 2019 details TBS
- May 12: Oconomowoc Mother’s Day Tea Party w/ Fancy Nancy (SOLD OUT)
- May 12: Mom gets in FREE at Discovery World
- May 12: Mom gets in FREE at the Milwaukee County Zoo
- May 12: Mother’s Day on the Farm at Glacier Rock Farms
- May 22: Delafield Library’s Grandma and Me Tea (SOLD OUT)
- May 3, 10, 17, and 31: Mommy and Me Swim Dates at Springs Water Park
- Plus, looking for a gift? Books and Company in Oconomowoc has a section devoted to Mother’s Day.
8 - Celebrate Art
10 - Explore Milwaukee
- May 2: Free Admission at the Milwaukee Public Museum
- May 2: Free Admission at the Milwaukee Art Museum
- May 4: Adventure Africa Grand Opening at the Milwaukee County Zoo
- May 5: Free Admission to Discovery World
- May 16: Free Admission at Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
- May 19: Head to a Suprise Doll Party at Anthony Vince’ Nail Spa with Fairytale Birthday Company LLC
- May 25 and 26: Family Kite Festival
- See a Brewer’s Game!
- Visit the DOMES!
11 - Check out your Local Coffee Shop's Musical Talent
12 - Get in touch with your inner historian
- Visit Old World Wisconsin!
- May 5: 1860s Tea in the Afternoon at Elmbrook Historical Society
- May 24- 26: Ixonia Vintage Tractor Expo *Note their new location this year again at the Ashippun Fireman’s Park!
- May 30: Head to I.d. in downtown Delafield for a French Bistro Restaurant Flip.
- The Watertown Military Show will be held in June this year.
13 - Enjoy the OUtdoors
- May 11: JOIN THE 2019 WAUKESHA EDUCATION FOUNDATION WALK/RUN
- May 11: Pewaukee Kiwanis River Run
- May 11: OUTWIGO GIRLS – HIKE THE KETTLE MORAINE STATE FOREST
- Play at a local park. Find the best ones here.
- May 11: KIDS FISHING DERBY
- May 12: Sheep Shearing Weekend at Old World Wisconsin: Join in for sheep shearing, and help them open their site for the 43rd season! Watch as the sheep undergo their yearly shearing and emerge fresh and ready for the summer. Try your hand with the shears, and then help transform wool to socks! All Girl Scouts in uniform receive FREE admission this weekend!
May : KILTIE CRUISE NIGHT –2019 date up in the air
- May 18: HARTFORD BLOCK PARTY AND CLASSIC CAR SHOW
- May 18: NEW BERLIN SAFETY SATURDAY
- May 21: ROCK-A-THON
- May 25: FALLS’ MEMORIAL FEST (Including the LUCKY, DUCKY DERBY)
- May 25: PALMYRA STREET DANCE AND FIREWORKS
- May 24-27: CORN AND BRAT ROAST
- May 24-27: BURLINGTON CHOCOLATE FEST
Visit the Retzer Nature Center or one of the other Waukesha County Parks
14 - Watch a Ski Show
15 - Observe Memorial Day - May 27, 2019
- 7:00 – 10:00 am Elm Grove Women’s Club Pancake Breakfast
- 9:00 am Pewaukee Car Show – 2019 TBD
- 9:00 am Waukesha Parade – actual parade is at 10:15 am
- 9:30 am Mukwonago Parade
- 10:00 am Menomonee Falls Parade
- 10:00 am Merton Parade
- 10:00 am Muskego Ceremony
- 10:00 am Oconomowoc Celebration
- 10:00 am Palmyra Parade
- 10:00 pm Delafield Ceremony
- 10:00 am Pewaukee Parade
- 10:00 am East Troy Parade
- 10:30 am Elm Grove Parade
- 11:00 am Dousman Ceremony (pre-ceremony at 9:00 am)
- 11:00 am Memorial Day Picnic Party at Bass Bay Brewhouse
- 1:00 pm Sussex Ceremony
- All weekend at Old World Wisconsin: All Active and Retired Military personnel receive free admission all weekend long. This weekend also kicks off the Old World Wisconsin 2019 Blue Star Program.
- On May 16, Heritage Christian Schools will be having a Patriotic Storytime.
- On May 25, the Mukwonago Community Library will have a patriotic story time.