Hello May! Hopefully, the April showers (and snow) are over, and we can all smell the beautiful May flowers! I love May, because the weather is turning warmer, and it means summer will be here before you know it. Before wishing summer to be here, though, let’s enjoy all the fun that May has to offer and do May right 🙂
PLEASE THANK OUR MAY GUIDE SPONSOR:
15 Ways to Do May Right in 2021
Busy Barns Adventure Farm happily invites you and your family to join us for our Barnyard Adventures and Lambing & Kidding Days. Make plans to spend the day on the farm and create memories with your family and friends. Spring brings the birthing of all the new baby animals in our petting farm. Come get some cuddling time in with the cutest little lambs, goats, bunnies, kittens, chicks, and all the lovable critters. Grab a little animal feed and you will literally have them eating right out of your hand. Then take a leisurely stroll around the farm and partake in the 40 plus activities in our Acres of Adventures. Play in the straw, race each other on the obstacle courses, test your agility in the ropes maze, dare to defy the giant tunnel slides, spin around in the hamster wheels and so much more. Stomach starting to growl? Grab lunch with us and a tasty treat. Our warm, scrumptious Apple Cider Donuts are back this spring by popular demand. Get them while they last. Yummy!
2 - Celebrate Children's Book Week (May 3 - May 9, 2021)
Children’s Book Week is the yearly acknowledgement of books for children and the joy of reading. Try visiting your local library and picking out a new children’s book to enjoy. Share it on your social media and tag @lakecountryfamilyfun and #lovelcff
4 - Celebrate May the 4th (be with you)
5 - Visit a Local Preschool in Waukesha County
6 - Support Your Local Fire Department
In past years, May has been a time for many of our local fire departments to host pancake breakfasts and other open houses for the community and fundraising efforts. While there may not be actual events hosted in May 2021, we still encourage families to discuss fire safety at home, review their safety plans, and thank a firefighter for their community service.
Check out Lake Country Family Fun's Fan Favorite's Guide to Mexican Dining by tapping the image above ^^
Check out these specials at Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan:
$1 Street Tacos; choice of steak, chicken or carnitas with cilantro, onions and limes
Add on chili toreados con cebolla for $3.95
$12 Carne Guisada Chimichanga served with Mexican rice, frijoles borrachos refritos, and lettuce tomato salad
$5 Margaritas; choice of classic, strawberry, or mango
$3 bottles of Corona
8 - Celebrate Mom
9 - Celebrate Art
11 - Explore Milwaukee
Visit Milwaukee with Kids this May. We love the Milwaukee Public Museum, the Milwaukee Art Museum, the Milwaukee County Zoo, Discovery World and the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum. Find the details on all of these fun family locations HERE.
- May 25 and 26: Family Kite Festival
12 - Get in touch with your inner historian
- May 25: Head to I.d. in downtown Delafield for a Vegan/Vegetarian Bistro Restaurant Flip.
- May 28- 30: Ixonia Vintage Tractor Expo *Note their location this year again at the Ashippun Fireman’s Park!
- May 29-31: Visit Old World Wisconsin with a drive thru experience!
- Moved to June 2021: 1860s Tea in the Afternoon at Elmbrook Historical Society
13 - Enjoy the OUtdoors
- May 1: 1st Annual Bark River Bash
- May 8: Pewaukee Kiwanis River Run
- May 8: KIDS FISHING DERBY
- May 15: HARTFORD BLOCK PARTY AND CLASSIC CAR SHOW
- May 25: ROCK-A-THON in Sussex
- May 29: The LUCKY, DUCKY DERBY in Menomonee Falls
- May 28-30: Corn and Brat Roast in East Troy
- Play at a local park. Find the 27 best ones here.
- Hike a spring trail.
- Go Kayaking.
- Visit Retzer Nature Center.
14 - Watch a Ski Show
15 - Observe Memorial Day - May 31, 2021
- 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Menomonee Falls Fest ON SATURDAY in 2021!!
- 8:00 am to Noon Sussex Ceremony and Parade at 10:00 am
- 9:00 to 5:00 pm Elm Grove Parade – on your own (not an official event)
- 10:00 am Oconomowoc Celebration
- 10:00 am Waukesha Ceremony
- 9:30 am Mukwonago Parade
- 9:30 am/ 10:00 am Merton Parade – includes bike judging!
- 10:00 am Muskego Ceremony
- 9:15 am Palmyra Parade
- 10:00 am Delafield Ceremony
- 10:00 am Pewaukee Parade
- 11:00 am New Berlin Ceremony
- 11:00 am East Troy Ceremony
- 11:00 am Dousman Ceremony
Pin this Post