PLan to Visit the Domes?
What you need to know when you plan TO visit the domes:
- Adults (13 – 59) $9.00 / Milwaukee residents $8.00
- Children (2 & under) FREE
- Juniors (3 -12) $6.00/ Milwaukee residents $6.00
- Student with college ID $6.00 / Milwaukee resident $6.00
- Seniors (60+) $9.00 / Milwaukee residents $6.00
- Adults with Disabilities $6.00/ Milwaukee Resident $6.00
- Group Rate (20 or more in a group) Adults $8.00 / Milwaukee Resident $7.00
- Group Rate (20 or more in a group) Juniors $6.00 / Milwaukee Residents $6.00
- Admission is free for Members of the Friends of the Domes.
2023 Domes Fall Hours:
- Mondays and Wednesdays-Fridays 9am to 5pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 9am to 4pm
- CLOSED ON TUESDAYS
- Last admission is 1 hour before closing time.
And to reminisce from when we attended in January 2018 to the opening weekend of the Railroad to Wonderland, it was so warm (40 degrees) that waiting outside in line felt amazing. (It really did!) How often can you hang out outside in January with no winter jacket and feel the sun shining down on you?
But inside felt even better! We started with the Show Dome which was decked out for the winter train show. The theme was Railroad to Wonderland. My kiddos loved reading the chapters from Alice in Wonderland as we walked around the round room, decorated with all sorts of scenes from the classic tale.
We moved on to the Desert Dome next, where of course we checked on my oldest’s favorite lizard. We grabbed a scavenger hunt sheet for this Dome and began our hunt, checking off the items down the list as we found them. Another great idea is playing I Spy with your kiddos throughout the Domes.
My personal favorite dome is the Tropical Dome as I am usually always cold. The thermometer said it was only 72 degrees in the room, but with the humidity so high, it felt like I had been transported to a tropical oasis, a rain forest far away from Milwaukee, WI. Plus, the plants and trees inside here are just gorgeous! My kiddos love to stop on the bridge and watch the Koi fish swimming back and forth. Back and forth.
If you are looking for some educational, gorgeous fun with the kids, we highly suggest a visit to the Mitchell Park Domes. They have many special events going on through the year. The hours of The Domes are Monday through Friday: 9:00 am until 5:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am until 4:00 pm. For admission rates, please visit their website.
- We allocated about an hour to explore the Domes.
Madi took her little ones on a sunny, Friday morning in March and enjoyed the peacefulness of the Show Dome.
See some of our DOMES FUN!