Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Lake Country? Do you travel for the holiday? Do you spend the day with family or friends? Friendsgiving, anyone? Do you spend the turkey day giving back to those in need? Do you zoom with family that lives far away? There are many ways to celebrate a reason to give back and be thankful for what we have and with whom we surround ourselves. Plus, new traditions are always welcome!
If you celebrate Thanksgiving locally to Waukesha County, enjoy the round-up we put together below to take a bit of stress out of your holiday. Our guide includes:
– Where to buy a turkey locally
– Thanksgiving take out options
– Thanksgiving Restaurant options
– What’s open/closed on Thanksgiving
– Gratitude Scavenger Hunt
– Shop Small Guide to Lake Country
*This post contains affiliate links from Amazon. Lake Country Family Fun is an Amazon associate and earns from qualifying purchases.
PLEASE GIVE A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR THANKSGIVING IN LAKE COUNTRY SPONSOR: Salt Spot
Preparing your Family for Thanksgiving
3 Thanksgiving activities to teach your children gratitude from Jann at Speechworks.
15 recommended places/ideas/events to give back with your kids in our HOLIDAY VOLUNTEER GUIDE
Learning about the history of Thanksgiving with children’s books from the library.
- Sendiks – with 5 locations in Waukesha County
- Requires a 72 hour notice
- Order for 2, 6, or 10 people
- Thanksgiving meal is curbside pickup only
- Order HERE
- Golden Mast Okauchee
- Cornerstone in Genesee Depot Ala Carte To Go Menu
- Order a complete turkey dinner or individual items from the Thanksgiving Menu here
- Brick House Mercantile
- Fresh Baked – Oconomowoc
- Place orders by November 20th at 12pm , pick up orders on Thanksgiving Day by 10am Find Details HERE
- I.d. Delafield
- You cook the bird, I.D will handle the sides!
- Order your sides by 9 p.m. on November 21st and they’ll be ready for pick up between 3 – 7p.m. on Wednesday, November 23rd.
- See the menu HERE.
- Call 262-646-1620 to order
- Boondocks BBQ and Brew Stone Bank
- Smoked turkeys – order ahead, pick up Thanksgiving Day
- See the full menu HERE
- Call 262-470-5123 to place your order.
- Chef in Da House Lake Country
- Offering Thanksgiving Turkeys and sides! Details HERE
- Saz’s Hospitality Group Lake Country
- Thanksgiving meal
- All items fully cooked and packed cold in disposable containers withreheating instructions
- Al a cate items available
- All Thanksgiving pick-up meals and A La Carte orders must be placed by November 18,2022 at 3pm
- Pick up in Walker Point or at Western Lakes Golf on either
- Wednesday, November 24: 9am – 6pm
- Thursday, November 25: 9am – 12pm
- See full menu and order HERE
- Goddess and the Baker Brookfield
- View Menu and order yummy Thankgiving pies & pastries HERE.
- Bravo! Italian Kitchen Brookfield
- Pre order your traditional Thanksgiving Meal hot or cold HERE
- Cafe Manna Brookfield
- Carry out Thanksgiving meal menu HERE
- Vegan and Gluten Free options available
- Call 262-790-2340 to place your order
- Cooper’s Hawk Brookfield
- Meal serves 6
- Members receive 10% off your Thanksgiving meal order.
- Menu HERE
- Call to order 262-785-9463
- Whole Foods Market Wauwatosa and Milwaukee
- Full meals serving a variety of number of people
- Order HERE
- Tall Guy and a Grill Milwaukee
- Sliced turkey breast, smoked sliced turkey breast or smoked Wiscomaple ginger glazed ham.
- Al a carte options available
- Menu HERE.
- Sentry Delafield
- Boozhag Clubhouse Nashotah
- Offering Dine in or Take out
- RESERVE your Thanksgiving Dinner Dine-In or ToGo by 11/21/22 at: 262.367.6684
- See Menu and more information HERE
- Mountian Top Coffee
- Pre ordering on our pies starts now and goes till Monday November 21st or till pies sell out. Pick up of pies will be on Wednesday November 23rd, 2022
- Order your pies HERE
- Schwans has a Ham Bundle available for Thankgiving! Have your Thanksgiving meal delievered by Schwans.
- Show your love and appreciation this holiday season by stocking friends, family and colleagues’ freezers with show-stopping meals and treats they can enjoy all season long. The Holiday Ham Bundle is a quintessential collection of holiday mains, sides and desserts. Create an epic meal or savor over the entire season.
- Check out the Ham bundle and more information HERE
- You can choose your Turkey, Sides and Desserts separately to have delivered by Schwans! Check out tons of options for dishes HERE
Overindulge at Thanksgiving?
If you overindulged in a Thanksgiving meal or dessert, step 1 is:
Don’t feel guilty. Grant yourself Grace.
- Did you have a great day with your family or friends (virtually or in person)?
- Did you laugh a lot?
- Did you spend time reflecting on your blessings?
- Did you practice gratitude?
- Did you give back to the community?
- Did you spend time reading with your kids about the history of the first Thanksgiving?
- Did you have a “shop small’ meal, supporting the small businesses in our communities?
If you answered YES to any one of those questions, YAY!! Thank you!!
Focus on the good parts of your day. ❤️
Now, if you did overindulge, and there’s an actionable step you would like to take, then tap these next toggles. BUT ONLY AFTER you are guilt-free and have granted yourself grace. ❤️
Find lots of ideas for places to work out in our Waukesha County Fitness Guide.
Are you an EXPECTING & EMPOWERED mama? This is a Comprehensive Pregnancy Workout Guide (business run by two Wisconsin women), for expecting and postpartum moms to be done in the convenience of your own home.
Earn that turkey and stuffing on Thanksgiving Day by participating in the Thanksgiving Charity Boot Camp! Just bring 5 or more non-perishable food items as a donation for your workout. Thursday, November 24 from 8am-9am (doors open at 7:45am) at the Schuetze Recreation. Center
Get outside and breathe in the fresh air. Being outside and in nature is one of the best antidotes to feeling any negative feeling. The wind, the landscape, all reminders of a bigger picture and community in which we are a part.
- Go cut down a Christmas Tree. Find a farm here in SE Wisconsin.
- Skim our Ultimate Guide to a Lake Country Fall for 10 ideas for enjoying the outdoors with your family.
- Find FREE entry into the Waukesha County Parks System during their THANKFUL FOR PARKS WEEKEND
- November 26 through November 28, 2021
- Sunrise through 10:00 pm.
- The Kelly Johnson Foundation is hosting its 4th annual Turkey Trot 5K on Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. at Fox Brook Park, 2925 N Barker Rd in Brookfield.
- This year, the Kelly Johnson Foundation have a safe race plan in place to ensure the health and safety of all participants and volunteers while offering the one of best Turkey Trots in the state!
- Try out one of these 3 local trails
- Bugline Trail
- Glacial Drumlin State Trail
- Kettle Moraine State Forest – Lapham Peak Unit
- Take your toddler out on a Black Friday Tyke Hike (event TBD in 2021)
- Walk around the German Christmas Market
Get out those cardboard boxes and create. Then play with the creation.
Find an indoor play place to burn energy.
Try one of these 10 indoor play ideas for at home.
Burn some energy at Urban Air!
What to watch on TV on Thanksgiving
If your family has a tradition of watching television on Thanksgiving, make note of these highlights:
- The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will be on NBC.
- Thursday, November 24, 2022
- 9:00 am to noon in all time zones
- If football is your jam, find these games:
- Buffalo Bills-Detroit Lions on CBS (12:30 p.m. ET)
- New York Giants-Dallas Cowboys on FOX (4:30 p.m. ET)
- New England Patriots-Minnesota Vikings on NBC (8:20 p.m. ET)
- Holiday movies will be on, too! Check our guide here.
What's Open and Closed on THanksgiving
- Kwik Trip Convenience stores
- Sendik’s and Silverspot Movie theater will be open with select holiday hours
- CVS and Walgreens
- Family Dollar
- Pick n Save
- Piggly Wiggly
- Woodmans (closes early)
- Barnes and Noble
- The Post Office
- City Hall/local municipality and government offices
- Local libraries
- Bed Bath and Beyond
- Best Buy
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Home Depot
- Trader Joe’s
- Sam’s Club
Related Thanksgiving Weekend Things to Do
Where to find Holiday Fun in Waukesha County
Brought to us by the Ingleside Hotel in Pewaukee, featuring Country Christmas.