Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Lake Country? Do you travel for the holiday? Do you spend the day with family or friends? Friendsgiving, anyone? Do you spend the turkey day giving back to those in need? Do you zoom with family that lives far away? There are many ways to celebrate a reason to give back and be thankful for what we have and with whom we surround ourselves. Plus, new traditions are always welcome!
If you celebrate Thanksgiving locally to Waukesha County, enjoy the round-up we put together below to take a bit of stress out of your holiday. Our guide includes:
– Where to buy a turkey locally
– Thanksgiving take out options
– Thanksgiving Restaurant options
– What’s open/closed on Thanksgiving
– Gratitude Scavenger Hunt
– Shop Small Guide to Lake Country
Preparing your Family for Thanksgiving
Where to find a Turkey/Thanksgiving Meal/Pie
- Stone Bank Farm Market
- Order a local, loved, organically fed and free to roam turkey HERE.
- Rolls and pies also available for purchase
- Good Harvest Market Waukesha
- Local grocery store delivery and curbside pickup options HERE.
- Sendiks – with 5 locations in Waukesha County
- Requires a 72 hour notice
- Order for 2, 6, or 10 people
- Thanksgiving meal is curbside pickup only
- Order HERE
- Golden Mast Okauchee
- Cornerstone in Genesee Depot Ala Carte To Go Menu
- Find details here
- Brick House Mercantile
- Details here
- I.d. Delafield
- Order by 11/22 and pick up is 11/24 from 3-7pm.
- See the menu HERE.
- Call 262-646-1620 to order
- Boondocks BBQ and Brew Stone Bank
- Smoked turkeys – order ahead, pick up Thanksgiving Day
- Pick your turkey up right off the smoker Thanksgiving Day, minutes before your guests arrive!
- Quantities limited.
- Call 262-470-5123 to place your order.
- Beach Bum Bakery is taking Pie orders
- Chef in Da House Lake Country
- Offering sides and pies for pick up HERE
- Saz’s Hospitality Group Lake Country
- Thanksgiving meal
- All items fully cooked and packed cold in disposable containers withreheating instructions
- Al a cate items available
- All Thanksgiving pick-up meals and A La Carte orders must be placed by November 19 at 3pm
- Pick up in Walker Point or at Western Lakes Golf on either
- Wednesday, November 24: 9am – 6pm
- Thursday, November 25: 9am – 12pm
- See full menu and order HERE
- Goddess and the Baker Brookfield
- View Menu and order yummy pies HERE.
- Bravo! Italian Kitchen Brookfield
- Pre order your traditional Thanksgiving Meal hot or cold HERE
- Cafe Manna Brookfield
- Carry out Thanksgiving meal menu HERE
- Vegan and Gluten Free options available
- Call 262-790-2340 to place your order
- Cooper’s Hawk Brookfield
- Meal serves 6
- Members receive 10% off your Thanksgiving meal order.
- Menu HERE
- Call to order 262-785-9463
- Whole Foods Market Wauwatosa and Milwaukee
- Full meals serving a variety of number of people
- Order HERE
- Tall Guy and a Grill Milwaukee
- Sliced turkey breast, smoked sliced turkey breast or smoked Wiscomaple ginger glazed ham.
- Al a carte options available
- Menu HERE.
Overindulge at Thanksgiving?
If you overindulged in a Thanksgiving meal or dessert, step 1 is:
Don’t feel guilty. Grant yourself Grace.
- Did you have a great day with your family or friends (virtually or in person)?
- Did you laugh a lot?
- Did you spend time reflecting on your blessings?
- Did you practice gratitude?
- Did you give back to the community?
- Did you spend time reading with your kids about the history of the first Thanksgiving?
- Did you have a “shop small’ meal, supporting the small businesses in our communities?
If you answered YES to any one of those questions, YAY!! Thank you!!
Focus on the good parts of your day. ❤️
Now, if you did overindulge, and there’s an actionable step you would like to take, then tap these next toggles. BUT ONLY AFTER you are guilt-free and have granted yourself grace. ❤️
Get outside and breathe in the fresh air. Being outside and in nature is one of the best antidotes to feeling any negative feeling. The wind, the landscape, all reminders of a bigger picture and community in which we are a part.
- Go cut down a Christmas Tree. Find a farm here in SE Wisconsin.
- Skim our Ultimate Guide to a Lake Country Fall for 10 ideas for enjoying the outdoors with your family.
- Find FREE entry into the Waukesha County Parks System during their THANKFUL FOR PARKS WEEKEND
- November 26 through November 28, 2021
- Sunrise through 10:00 pm.
- The Kelly Johnson Foundation is hosting its 4th annual Turkey Trot 5K on Saturday, November 27, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. at Fox Brook Park, 2925 N Barker Rd in Brookfield.
- This year, the Kelly Johnson Foundation have a safe race plan in place to ensure the health and safety of all participants and volunteers while offering the one of best Turkey Trots in the state!
- Try out one of these 3 local trails
- Bugline Trail
- Glacial Drumlin State Trail
- Kettle Moraine State Forest – Lapham Peak Unit
- Take your toddler out on a Black Friday Tyke Hike (event TBD in 2021)
- Walk around the German Christmas Market
What to watch on TV on Thanksgiving
If your family has a tradition of watching television on Thanksgiving, make note of these highlights:
- The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will be on NBC.
- Thursday, November 25, 2021
- 9:00 am to noon in all time zones
- If football is your jam, find these games:
- Chicago Bears v. Detroit Lions at 11:30 am on FOX
- Raiders v. Dallas Cowboys at 3:30 pm on CBS
- Buffalo Bills v. New Orleans Saints at 7:20 pm on NBC
- Holiday movies will be on, too! Check our guide here.
What's Open and Closed on THanksgiving
- Kwik Trip Convenience stores
- Sendik’s and Silverspot Movie theater will be open with select holiday hours
- CVS and Walgreens
- Family Dollar
- Home Depot
- Pick n Save
- Piggly Wiggly
- Woodmans (closes early)
- The Post Office
- City Hall/local municipality and government offices
- Local libraries
- Bed Bath and Beyond
- Best Buy
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Sam’s Club