This is a sponsored post.
Ah, July – one of my favorite months. I love summer. I love the 4th of July festivities. I love the warm air. I love beach days. I love Sunday Fundays on the lake. I love dining outside. I love community festivals. I love Hartland Kids Day.
We asked on Facebook what some of your favorite events of the month were, and loved reading the responses. Please continue the conversation there or tell us in the comments below what you love about this month.
Thank you to our July Event Guide Sponsor:
Mark your calendars for Thursday, August 3rd!! Bring your family for a night of fun at Hartland’s Neighborhood Night Out! Downtown Hartland opens its doors from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. There will be free fun for all ages, live music at Nixon Park from 7:00 to 9:00 pm, followed by an outdoor movie at Nixon Park from 9:00 to 10:30 pm.
This event is brought to you by Lake Country Bed Barn, Senor Tomas, Hartland BID and in partnership with the Village of Hartland Recreation Department.
Food donations are accepted and appreciated for Spread the Love!
21 Must Do July Events
- Take your family to Books and Company in Oconomowoc on July 1 to visit the Scholastic Summer Reading Bus. It’s the only stop it’s making in Wisconsin!!
- Celebrate at the Hartland Hometown 125th Anniversary Celebration! Don’t forget to see Lake Country Family Fun in the parade on Sunday, July 2nd!!
- Celebrate the Fourth of July!!
- Explore Milwaukee
- Grab your friends and enjoy live music at the Delafield Block Party on July 7th and 8th.
- The Lake Country Racquet and Athletic Club has been a supporter of Hartland Kids Day. Do you want to see what they offer? Check out their Community Free Day on July 8th!
- If you want to head to the north side of the greater Waukesha County area, check out Ashippun’s Fireman Festival. This 3 day festival from July 7-9, features live music, a car show, wrestling, and a parade!
- Are you looking for a local art festival? At only $5 a carload, load up your family and friends and check out the Lake Country Art Festival on July 8th at Naga-waukee Park. The art festival goes from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, so head back to the Delafield Block Party afterwards 😉
- Take a road trip and travel back in time to 1574 at the opening weekend of the Bristol Renaissance Faire. I have fond memories of visiting the Renaissance Faire from my childhood, and can’t wait for my kiddos to have the same! If you can’t make it opening weekend, fear not! They are open for nine weekends.
- It’s not too late to sign your child up for a summer camp!! Zion Lutheran in Hartland is hosting a Christian Theater Camp from July 10-13th, ending with a Thursday evening performance of the play, “Sailing With the Savior,” which is free and open to the public. *Sponsored by Zion Lutheran
- The Milwaukee Air and Water Show is back for 2017!! From July 14th through 16th, check out this family friendly event. There are free spots to watch or you can purchase tickets through this link for box seats. *This is an affiliate link, which if clicked, helps Lake Country Family Fun keep the lights on and fun events sent your way
- Do you have nostalgic memories of carnival rides and community events from your childhood? Check out Sussex Lions Daze to give your children that same feeling! Check out the fun on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, July 14th through 16th! Don’t miss the fireworks and parade 🙂
- Check out the Waukesha County Fair for $1 on July 19th!!
- Have you been to Watertown Lights and Sirens yet? It’s full of fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, and more that your kids can climb in and through and pretend to drive! Plus, get blown away by the UW Med Flight helicopter!
- Mermaids are all the rage! We have mermaid blankets, pajamas, beach towels, etc…If your family is mermaid-crazed, too, do NOT miss Genesee Depot Daze on Saturday, July 15th as their theme this year is underwater adventure!
- Bring your family to the Hartland Street Dance on Saturday, July 15th for an evening of music, fun and food!
- Hot air balloons are so fun to watch float through the sky, not to mention the beautiful designs. Take a road trip to the annual Waterford Hot Air Balloon Festival, where one Lake Country Family Fun reader’s family was instrumental in making this event happen! Learn more here and see pictures shared from previous years.
- If you missed Watertown’s Lights and Sirens event, do not miss Merton’s Touch a Truck event for the truck-lover in your family.
- Do you have your calendars marked for Lake Country Family Fun’s 5th annual Hartland Kids Day on Wednesday, July 26th?! Don’t miss out on this year’s fun with bounce houses, a rock wall, and more!
- Food! Are you hungry? Check out Pewaukee’s annual Taste of Lake Country on July 28th and 29th.
- One of our Lake Country Family Fun readers wrote that Dousman Derby Days and the Wisconsin State Frog Jumping Contest was their top event this month. If you want some frog-hopping good times, check out Cory Park from July 28th through the 30th.
If you are still looking for more family fun in your July – look no further than our summer fun guides below!