When I think of February, I think of cold weather, snow, ice skating, and Valentines Day. What fun! (I mean it; I really do!) Have some February fun! There is lots of family friendly fun to be found, you just have to look for it. Luckily, Lake Country Family Fun looked for you and organized it here with 20 fun things to do with your family in February + a bonus idea!! Check out these fun events in and around town this month to fight the winter blues. For even more fun don’t forget to check out Lake Country Family Fun’s huge event calendar and indoor play guide!
Please thank the February Fun Guide Sponsor:
20 Family Fun Things to Do In February!
BONUS IDEA: Get a sitter and go on a date!
- Use our Lake Country Date Guide – Winter Edition – to chose a perfect date for you and your significant other. Categories include:
- Active Fun
- Beer & Wine
- Finer Dining
- PLUS over 20 specific events around town to consider!
1 – Take a day trip to Milwaukee and save money with these FREE events this February!
- Get outside and visit the Milwaukee County Zoo for FREE!!
- Breathe in the crisp air and see the animals in the winter, while saving some $.
- Plus, it’s Groundhogs Day! Festivities are at 10:30 am.
- FREE Admission to Milwaukee Public Museum
- It’s a great place to explore and stay warm. We love the butterfly room! (Plus, the tropical air feels especially wonderful in February 🙂 )
- FREE Admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum is free for individuals and families (excluding groups) on the first Thursday of each month, thanks to Meijer. Who doesn’t like FREE Admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum?
- My kids love finding their favorite art work and describing it to each other.
- Check out the Kohl’s Art Generation Lab to make your own art 🙂
- Skate with the Milwaukee Admirals!
- Great Skate 2019 is back!
- Play at the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
- Play during Neghborhood Night to enjoy free admission!
- Block Kids
- Block Kids is a national event sponsored locally by the National Association of Women in Construction Greater Milwaukee Chapter #105.
- Visit the Domes! *Featured Listings (Not free, but still super fun!!)
2 – Visit your local library and let it transform you!
- Top 6 library event picks
Let's face it, most people HIBERNATE IN WINTER, but that can lead to feelings of isolation. If you are looking for mom friends to meet up with or little ones for your children to play with, check out our MOMS GROUP AND PLAY GUIDE sponsored by CROSSPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH IN OCONOMOWOC. Our guide is divided up between community groups, church affiliated groups, and library play groups.
4 – Make a Valentine Craft.
- Make a DIY Valentine’s Wreath at home
- Valentine Soap Making at the Big Bend Village Library
- Valentine Craft Open House at Dayspring Preschool & Childcare in Pewaukee
- Check out the FREE Home Depot Kids Workshop to make a Valentine Heart Candy Box
- Make a Valentine’s Day craft at the Delafield Public Library.
- Make a Valentine’s Box at Silly Willys
- Attend the Pabst Farm YMCA’s Little Sweetheart Dance. It will be a night of dancing, crafts, and more! Tickets here.
Try your hand at Wool Needle Felting Heart Garland at the Creative Arts Oasis in Waukesha.
- Make a String Art Heart at the Pauline Haass Public Library (Sussex)
5 – Check out a winter farmers market.
- Milwaukee – Saturdays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Oconomowoc – Sundays 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Sussex – February 10 at 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Mukwonago – February 9 and 23 at 9:00 am to Noon
6 – Learn about and Celebrate the Chinese New Year. It’s the year of the Pig. (Tuesday, February 5, 2019)
- Activities at the Delafield Library
- Chinese New Year Lion Dance at Golden Gate Restaurant in Waukesha
7 – Attend the Wildlife Meet and Greet at the Wildlife in Need Center
- Join the Wildlife in Need Center for their February wildlife meet & greet event!
8 – See a movie for CHEAP!!
9 – See a play!
- The Explorers Club shows at Lake Country Playhouse on February 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, and 10!
- All in the Timing shows at Lake Country Playhouse on February 28th.
- See James and the Giant Peach February 7 to 9
- The Great Alphabet Adventure has a free showing on February 10.
Nature Hill Intermediate Presents: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Jr at the Oconomowoc Arts Center on February 14 through the 16.
- Pilgrim Park as part of Elmbrook Schools presents ‘Disney’s Aladdin, Jr’ February 7 through the 9th. Tickets here.
10 – Enjoy a parents night out!
- Lake Country Family Fun released their Romantic Date Guide – Winter Edition just in time for February!
Guinness & Chocolate: 200 Years of Guinness in America Celebration Concert
February 8, 2019
6:30 pm to 10:00 pm
- Laughs and Lagers at the Delafield BrewHaus
Feburary 28, 2019
- Featuring Adam McShane, Rich, D’Amore, Maddie Wiener, Rory Rusch, David Freeburg
- Tickets Advance $10
- Tickets at Door $15
- First 20 Ticket Holders Receive one free pint of Haus Beer.
- Doors open at 7:00 pm
- Show starts at 8:00 pm
- Show is in the private banquet facility downstairs
- Full service bar during the show
- Take a romantic stroll under the Domes at their Hearts Under Glass event on February 14.
- Every Thursday night at Mama D’s Coffee in Wales from 7 to 9 PM, they have Stan Markus (Mama D’s husband and outstanding classical guitarist) and guests entertaining. Especially for February, it will be such a treat to hear him play every night…it’s got romantic, intimate touches…perfect for a date night!
- American Dojo in Waukesha is hosting a Parent’s Night Out on February 15th. Drop the kiddos off for some fun and head out for some adult only time!
- The Mukwonago JV Dance Team is hosting a parents night out! Drop your kiddos off for a night of fun, and enjoy a date night out alone! Register by February 4!
11 – Tour a preschool
- There are quite a few preschool open houses this month if you are undecided where your little one will go next year.
- Read about 25+ preschools in 12 communities plus a virtual option in LCFF’s Local Preschool Guide.
- “300 tables of geeky goodness, and don’t forget admission for kids is still free, and everyone still gets a free comic at the door!” – FEBRUARY 16
14 – Have a Winter Family Fun Day!
- Come to camp to enjoy the splendor of winter at YMCA Camp MacLean on February 10, 2019!
- Activities begin at 11:00 a.m. and include toboganning, art and crafts, a nature hike, broom ball, and more!
- They will have dinner at 1:00 p.m., with activities resuming at 1:45 p.m. and finishing at 5:00 p.m. A hot snack will also be served at 4:30 p.m.
- Register here.
15 – Take your family to a carnival!
- St. Joan of Arc Annual Carnival – February 1
- Bright Rising presents their first annual Shakespeare Festival – February 1
- Zion Lutheran’s Family Fun Fair – February 16
- Panga Bar and Grill WINTER CARNIVAL – February 16
- Cedarburg Winter Festival – February 16 & 17
- Our Savior’s Kids For Mission Carnival – February 17
16 – Be one with nature.
- Enjoy the Pike Lake Candelight Hike – February 9
- Go Snowshoeing at Lapham Peak – February 23
- Head to Waukesha for their Winter Wildlife Adventure.
- Not exactly nature, but outside – attend the Sussex Sledding Party!
17 – Take a road Trip.
- Do your kiddos have off of school this month? Take a long weekend and tour WI. Pick a direction with our WI Road Trip Guide sponsored by Kwik Trip.
- Read up on some of our travel tips:
- PS> Did you know that our main site sponsor is Lovejoy Travel Agency? Did you also know that there are no extra fees to use a travel agent? Plan your road trip today!
Find all the wonderful independently owned coffee shops in the greater Waukesha County area. *Sponsored by Mama D's Coffee with locations in Wales, downtown Waukesha, and Genesee Depot.
We hope we inspired you to have some
February Fun with your family!
What are you most looking forward
to this February?