When I think of February, I think of cold weather, snow, ice skating, and Valentines Day. What fun! (I mean it; I really do!) Have some February fun! There is lots of family friendly fun to be found, you just have to look for it. Luckily, Lake Country Family Fun looked for you and organized it here with 20 fun things to do with your family in February + a bonus idea!! Check out these fun events in and around town this month to fight the winter blues. For even more fun don’t forget to check out Lake Country Family Fun’s huge event calendar and indoor play guide!
Please thank the February Fun Guide Sponsor
Pigtails and Crewcuts: Haircuts for Kids - Brookfield
Pigtails and Crewcuts: Haircuts for Kids is a child's salon opening in Brookfield in January 2019.
20 Family Fun Things to Do In February!
BONUS IDEA: Get a sitter and go on a date!
- Use our Lake Country Date Guide – Winter Edition – to chose a perfect date for you and your significant other. Categories include:
- Active Fun
- Beer & Wine
- Finer Dining
- PLUS over 25 specific events around town to consider!
1 – Take a day trip to Milwaukee and save money with these FREE events this February!
- Get outside and visit the Milwaukee County Zoo for FREE!!
- Breathe in the crisp air and see the animals in the winter, while saving some $.
- FREE Admission to Milwaukee Public Museum
- It’s a great place to explore and stay warm. We love the butterfly room! (Plus, the tropical air feels especially wonderful in February 🙂 )
- FREE Admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum is free for individuals and families (excluding groups) on the first Thursday of each month, thanks to Meijer. Who doesn’t like FREE Admission to the Milwaukee Art Museum?
- Bring the kids to a Free Ice-Fishing Clinics for Kids at 6 Park Lagoons
- Members of local fishing clubs will teach children the basics of ice-fishing at the 27th Annual Ice-Fishing Clinics for Kids
- Skate with the Milwaukee Admirals!
- Great Skate 2019 is back!
- Play at the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
- Play during Neghborhood Night to enjoy free admission!
- Visit the Domes! The Railroad to Wonderland goes through the entire month of February! *Sponsored
- (Not free, but still super fun!!)
- We checked it out in January. We loved reading the chapters of Alice in Wonderland as we walked around the train show!
2 – Visit your local library and let it transform you! *Sponsored
- Top 5 library event picks
3 – Join a Moms Group or Play group to make the winter less lonely.
- Let’s face it, most people hibernate in winter, but that can lead to feelings of isolation. If you are looking for mom friends to meet up with or little ones for your children to play with, check out our Moms Group and Play Guide sponsored by Zion Lutheran’s Time for Tots. Our guide is divided up between community groups, church affiliated groups, and library play groups.
4 – Make a Valentine Craft.
- Make a DIY Valentine’s Wreath at home
- Valentine Soap Making at the Big Bend Village Library
- Valentine Craft Open House at Dayspring Preschool & Childcare in Pewaukee
- Check out the FREE Home Depot Kids Workshop to make a Valentine Heart Candy Box
- Make a Valentine’s Box at Silly Willys
5 – Check out a winter farmers market.
- Milwaukee – Saturdays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Oconomowoc – Sundays 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Sussex – February 10 at 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Mukwonago – February 9 and 23 at 9:00 am to Noon
- Fly a kite on Pewaukee Lake with Silly Willyz!
7 – Attend the Wildlife Meet and Greet at the Wildlife in Need Center
- Join the Wildlife in Need Center for their February wildlife meet & greet event!
8 – See a movie for CHEAP!!
9 – See a play!
- The Explorers Club shows at Lake Country Playhouse on February 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, and 10!
- All in the Timing shows at Lake Country Playhouse on February 28th.
- Cinderella and or the Story of Bigfoot has a free showing on February 11.
10 – Enjoy a parents night out!
- Lake Country Family Fun released their Romantic Date Guide – Winter Edition just in time for February!
Guinness & Chocolate: 200 Years of Guinness in America Celebration Concert
- Let American Dojo in Waukesha watch the kids!
- Take a romantic stroll under the Domes at their Hearts Under Glass event on February 14.
- Every Thursday night at Mama D’s Coffee in Wales from 7 to 9 PM, they have Stan Markus (Mama D’s husband and outstanding classical guitarist) and guests entertaining. Especially for February, it will be such a treat to hear him play every night…it’s got romantic, intimate touches…perfect for a date night!
- Stan Markus is also hosting a special performance on Valentine’s Day (Wednesday, February 14) called “A Markus Manouche Valentine’s Evening“. Come listen to Gypsy Jazz Swing with a touch of romance!
11 – Tour a preschool
- There are quite a few preschool open houses this month if you are undecided where your little one will go next year.
- “300 tables of geeky goodness, and don’t forget admission for kids is still free, and everyone still gets a free comic at the door!”
13 – Get Outside!
- Check out Lake Country Family Fun’s Wintertime Fun Guide to have some sledding, ice skating, and tubing fun!
14 – Have a Winter Family Fun Day!
- Come to camp to enjoy the splendor of winter at YMCA Camp MacLean!
- Activities begin at 11:00 a.m. and include toboganning, art and crafts, a nature hike, broom ball, and more!
- They will have dinner at 1:00 p.m., with activities resuming at 1:45 p.m. and finishing at 5:00 p.m. A hot snack will also be served at 4:30 p.m.
- Register here.
15 – Take your family to a carnival!
- St. Joan of Arc Annual Carnival
- Panga Bar and Grill Winter Carnival
- Zion Lutheran’s Family Fun Fair
- Cedarburg Winter Festival
16 – Be one with nature.
17 – Shoot some hoops!
- Hartland North will be hosting an open gym on Sundays for kids age 10-17.
18 – Grab a cup of coffee at a local coffee shop and warm up with a friend or your favorite book.
19 – See a high school band concert, because why not?
- The Menomonee Falls Band will be putting on the “The Wizard of Fallz.”
20 – Relax listening to live music at Mama D’s in Wales
- Mama D’s has live music every Saturday and Sunday in February.
We hope we inspired you to have some
February Fun with your family!
What are you most looking forward
to this February?