Winter is here, New Year’s is over, and everyone’s turned into a hibernating bear. Sound about right? I do love to hunker down at home by the cozy fireplace, but there are so many fun opportunities to go out and enjoy the Wisconsin winter with your significant other. There’s even plenty to enjoy way before Valentine’s Day arrives. So if you are a Lake Country couple looking for ideas for romantic dates and even more specifically, date ideas for this cold weather season. …Lake Country Family Fun to the rescue! We’ve put together a categorized, winter-specific, date list for you and your loved one. So book that babysitter, make those plans and enjoy this month of love.
Please thank our Winter Date Guide Sponsor:
Note: Reach out to individual businesses for hours, availability and pricing. Lake Country Family Fun is not responsible for availability and pricing of these events.
Painting & Art
- Creative License in Pewaukee and Hartford (website)
- Board & Brush Hartland – Wine and Painting Wood Sign Studio (website)
- A Stroke of Genius Waukesha (website)
- Soul Fire Art Studio Delafield (website)
- Creative Art & Wine Studio New Berlin (website)
- The Rustic Orchid creative workshop Mukwonago (website)
- Uptown Art Sussex (website)
- Live Theatre – Lake Country Playhouse
- Live Theatre – Waukesha Civic Theatre
- Live Theatre – The Fireside Theatre
- Live Theatre – The Rep Theatre
- Live Theare – The Pabst Theatre Group
- Marcus Cinemas/Movie Tavern – 5 Waukesha County Locations, Delafield, Menomonee Falls, New Berlin and Brookfield
- Silverspot Cinema at the Corners of Brookfield
- Performing Arts Calendar
Beer & Wine Experiences
- Raised Grain Brewery (website)
- Delafield Brewhaus (website)
- Spring City Wine House in Waukesha (website)
- Mr. Brew’s Taphouse in Menomonee Falls (website)
- Vino Ectera in Oconomowoc (website)
- Three Cellars in Menomonee Falls (website)
- Bernie’s Tap Room in Waukesha (website)
- Craft Beer Cellar Pewaukee (website)
- The Hive Taproom East Troy (website)
- I.d.- Make your next date-night a shared-plate night! (website)
- Belfre Kitchen Delafield (website)
- Butler Inn Pewaukee (website)
- Palmer’s Steakhouse Hartland (website)
- Golden Mast Okauchee (website)
- Seven Seas Nagawicka Lake (website
- Zin in Delafield (website)
- Kurt’s Steakhouse Delafield (website)
- Artisan 179 Pewaukee (website)
- Mr. B’s Bartalotta’s Brookfield (website)
- The Union House Genesee Depot (website)
- Asiana Pewaukee (website)
- Ninja Habachi Sushi in Menomonee Falls (website)
- Lagniappe Brasserie New Berlin (website)
- Red Circle Inn Nashotah (website)
- Zesti Hartland (website)
- Melting Pot Brookfield (website)
- Coopers Hawk in Brookfield (website)
- David Alan’s SmokeHouse Mukwonago (website)
- Bass Bay Brewhouse in Muskego (website)
- Lago Su Bella in Oconomowoc (website)
- Twisted Fire in Oconomowoc (website)
- Workout together at a local YMCA Oconomowoc, Waukesha , Menomonee Falls or Mukwonago
- Try out Orangetheory Fitness in Delafield
- Get a burn at Burn Boot Camp in Sussex or Oconomowoc
- Guys can barre, too! Pure Barre in Delafield or Barre District in Pewaukee
- Try the WAC: Lake Country Racquet & athletic Club is now the Wisconsin Athletic Club (website)
- Try a “Gears & Beers” style event – start at Cyclebar and end at Café Hollander, both located at the Corners of Brookfield
- Escape Chambers Waukesha (Facebook page)
- Skyzone (it’s for adults too and there is a Valentine’s Day special)
- Ice Skating or Sledding (see our Winter Fun Guide)
- Bowling – Sunset Bowl in Waukesha, Bluemound Bowl, Sussex Bowl, Alpine Lanes of Muskego, Fox Run Lanes in Waukesha, or Jay’s Lanes in Mukwonago
- Veloce Indoor Speedway is attached to Pointe Burger
- Adventure Rock Climbing Pewaukee/Brookfield
- Rent Snowshoes at Retzer
- Cross Country Ski at Lapham Peak
- Throw an axe together at Lumber Axe
- Try out football bowling at 1st and Bowl
Couples Massage/Spa Services
- Woodhouse Day Spa in Mukwonago (website)
- Spargo in Pewaukee (website)
- Elegance Salon & Spa in New Berlin (website)
- Absolute Necessities Day Spa in Menomonee Falls (website)
- Board Game Night or Card Games – Do you know how to play Cribbage? Ask me!
- Buy a Make Your Own 6-pack from Total Wine and have an at-home beer tasting date
- Make a fancy Dinner after kids go to bed (Try this one)
- Take a ‘ how well do you know each other’ quiz.
- Take a couples cooking class at the Petite Chef in Dousman.
- Sleigh Ride in Oconomowoc Hoof Beats Express (when they get enough snow – call for reservation!)
- The Ingleside Hotel Pewaukee has indoor/outdoor hot tub and water slides
- Volunteer Together (Food Pantry Guide: a great place to start to find local places to help out.)
- Visit Steven Paul Designs in Downtown Delafield for a one-of-kind, custom piece of jewelry from this beautiful, national award-winning studio.
- Don’t want to stay local, book at Romantic get-away with Lovejoy Travel Agency
- Plan your new home adventure with Victory Homes
- Visit one of Lake Country Family Fun’s local Coffee Shops for a date
- Go out for some Mexican. Take advice from our reader favorites!
- Attend a Friday Fish Fry.
- Milwaukee Bucks game (tickets)
- Milwaukee Admirals games (tickets)
Specific Events around Valentine’s Day 2020
- Bourbon, Bordeaux, and the Blue on 1/16 in Pewaukee.
- Cafe Benelux Ice Bars open 1/17 in the Third Ward in MKE and will continue until Mother Nature melts them away.
- Ice Castles Lake Geneva hopes to open soon!
- Lake Country Playhouse – Mars Lost AT LAKE COUNTRY PLAYHOUSE on January 31, February 1, 2, , 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, and 16!
- Attend Guinness, Chocolate, and Music – featuring the Whiskey Belles on 2/1 (limited tickets)
- See a Valentine Show at the Waukesha Planetarium on 2/14 (tickets)
- Take a romantic stroll under the Domes at their Hearts Under Glass event on 2/14
- Couple’s Night Out at Brooklife Church
- It’s a unique entertainment experience full of laughter & games—all while celebrating & building into your relationship.
- Tacos and Tequila Bus Tour 2/15 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Milwaukee Food & City Tours
2419 N 62nd Street, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin 53213
- Included in the per person price, attendees will enjoy:
- A bus tour with 3 stops for a taco, sope and fajitas, with each paired with a half-sized margarita or tequila-infused drink. And, be sure to save room for dessert!
- Round trip transportation – help keep Milwaukee safe and leave the driving to us!
- Narrated, guided tour fun
- Milwaukee Food & City Tours
- Murder Mystery Dinner – Til Death Do Us Part 2/15 6 PM – 10 PM
- The Abbey Resort
269 Fontana Blvd, Fontana, Wisconsin 53125
- Til Death Do Us Part: All is fair in love and murder
The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, but the wedding bells aren’t ringing for this not-so-happy couple when a member of the wedding party is murdered! Trade clues with the other party members and help solve the mystery of whodunnit. Get into the fun by wearing your own wedding dress or the most ridiculous wedding attire you can come up with.
- Dinner menu
- The Abbey Resort
- Valentine’s Prime Rib Buffet 2/15 5 PM – 10 PM
- 240 West
269 Fontana Boulevard, Fontana, Wisconsin 53125
- Delight in the numerous options of this delicious prime rib dinner in 240° West each Saturday evening. Enjoy classic favorites as well as seasonal specialties brought to you by The Abbey Resort’s culinary team.
- $32 Adults / $18 Children ages 6-12 / $8 Children ages 2-5
- Sample Menu
- Reservations/cost: $75 per person
- Reservations Required, Call (800)709-1323
- 240 West
- Weekend Brunch 2/15 8 AM – 2 PM
- The Waterlin
N88W14750 Main Street, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin 53051
- Brunch draws us together for great food, drink and company. They welcome visitors and locals alike to Menomonee Falls who seek an interactive experience coupled with creative midwestern fare. Waterlin provides an approachable brunch experience that both guests and locals have been craving. Gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options available.
- The Waterlin
Date Night: Raclette, Red Wine and Romance 2/15 5 PM – 7 PM
Village Cheese Shop
1430 Underwood Ave, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin 53213
Enjoy the one you love! Join in for a romantic evening. Traditional Raclette smothered over a plate of oven baked potatoes, Italian herbed ham and cornichon. Enjoy with a flight of 3 red wines and finish with a chocolate covered strawberry.
$45/person, plus tax
- Beer and Wine Tasting at the Cotton Exchange in Waterford.
- Tickets HERE
- Mama D’s Coffee Shop Events (at the Wales location only)
- Attend Oconomowoc Brewfest with your date on 3/7 Celebrate with over 30 different beer,wine, and food vendors, a fun atmosphere and a chance to help out the local community and the world! (event)