Come visit Milwaukee with kids! There is endless fun all around, no matter the season. Try exploring the area around you, Milwaukee is not far away and is loaded with family fun. Here is Lake Country Family Fun‘s top picks for fun in and around Milwaukee!
Milwaukee With Kids
- Head to Discovery World, right on the lakefront in Milwaukee, and visit this hands on learning environment.
- Visit Slice of Ice at Red Arrow Park, try ice skating with the kids at this outdoor skating rink during the winter months.
- The Milwaukee Public Museum has their FREE admission days on the first Thursday of the month, this is a great way to visit the museum on a budget.
- The Milwaukee Art Museum has undergone renovations and is an iconic Milwaukee building. Stop by the Kohl’s Art Generation Studio to create art inspired by the artwork in the Museum. Each month features a different theme, and the projects are always changing!
- Visit Sprecher Brewery and go on a tour. Yes, this is family friendly! All adults 21 (proof of age required) and older get 4 samples of beer (chosen from up to 20 beers on tap) and a beer tasting glass to take home. Tour participants of all ages get to sample all of their available sodas to their heart’s content.
- Did you know the Milwaukee County Zoo is open year round? During the winter there are various FREE admission Saturdays at the zoo.
- Find the Bronze Fonz and take photo and feel like you are hanging out with Arthur Fonzarelli on Happy Days which was set in 1950’s Milwaukee.
- Visit the Mitchell Park Domes and be transported to a tropical environment, or the desert in one location. The show dome always has something spectacular going on. (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
- Grab dinner at Friday’s Front Row at Miller Park and dine year round looking over Miller Park.
- If you have little ones, the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum should be on your list to visit. Kids can spend hours with the interactive exhibits.
- In the winter, you can find the Door County Sled Dogs at Whitnall Park when the weather is favorable. Always check their website to find the status of rides.