School has started up again. Cue the sports, meetings, events and general life commitments, whether in person or virtually. With the hustle and bustle of life it can be hard to make a family meal come together during the week. If you are looking for a way to have a quick and easy home cooked meal without the fuss or having to hit the drive through, look no further! Turns out there are several local places that take the meal time prep and stress out the equation for you! Check out our list below where you can pick up a meal hot and ready or one that just needs to be heated up.
8 Easy Weeknight Meal Options
1 - Toothpicks Catering - East Troy
3268 Main Street East Troy, WI 53120
- $40- $50 Feeds a family of 4
- Every Wednesday 4 pm – 7 pm
- Pick up your meal hot and ready to go!
- Call/text (262)370-2994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours in advance to order.
- Pre-boxed ready to cook meals by Toothpicks Catering can now be found at Eagle Public Market (111 E. Main St. Eagle, WI)
2 - Daylee Public House - Waukesha
453 West Main Street Waukesha, WI (262)549-0508
- Choose from a wide variety of pre-made entrees and sides that are frozen and waiting in a freezer at the front of the store!
- Walk in and make your selections from what is available or place your order online.
- A “small” serves 2-3 or 4-6 people
- Prices range from $13.95-$17.95.
- A “large” serves 4-6 or 6-8
- Prices range from $24.95-$28.95.
- *Serving size of small or large depend on the entrée you choose.
- Options include gluten free and vegetarian also!
3 - Chef in DA House - Waukesha
- Private Executive Chef Joe Piscitello offers a different daily soup option available Monday-Friday.
- Check Chef in DA House Facebook page for current offerings.
- New for 2021 Chef is offering Paleo, Keto or Mediterranean Diet meal plans 3-5 days a week, 3 meals a day. Plans are available by week or month.
4 - Sendik's - Multiple Locations
- Pre-packaged fully cooked meals for a family of four!
- Found in the deli section.
- Price is $19.99.
- Some options include:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Turkey and Gravy
- Roast Beef and Gravy
5 - Costco - Pewaukee, Menomonee Falls, New Berlin
- Pre packaged meals, heat and serve.
- Some options include:
- Chicken tacos (see image above)
- Salmon and more!
- Found by the deli section.
6 - The Polite Platter - Nashotah
- Affordable vegetarian and vegan meals delivered right to your door!
- The Polite Platter has a rotating weekly meal schedule that uses organic products whenever possible.
- The Polite Platter is also a zero waste, eco- friendly company located right in Nashotah.
7 - Pick n Save/Metro Market - Multiple Locations
- Each pre-boxed meal serves 2 starting at $8.50 per serving.
- Boxes contain all ingredients needed for the meal.
- Requires cooking/heating.
- Cook times range from 15 – 35 minutes.
8 - Kwik Trip - Multiple Locations
- Kwik Trip now offers individually packaged meals complete with cooking instructions.
- There are multiple meal options to choose from, including spaghetti and meatballs, ribs, roasted turkey dinner, meatloaf and chicken alfredo, just to name a few.
- Option availability may vary from location to location.
Happy Family Dinner Time!
Let us know which places you try from our list on Instagram!
Have more ideas for healthy, easy weeknight meal options? Drop your ideas below!