Lake Country Family Fun loves partnering with Marcus Theatres and how fun is this summer 2020 going to be?! They are going to be hosting a “drive – in movie theater experience in the parking lot of the Majestic Theater in Brookfield!
What you Need to know about the Parking Lot Drive in Cinema
The Marcus Majestic Cinema of Brookfield will begin showing a double feature from its parking lot Friday, May 29, and it will continue seven days per week during the summer movie going season. The experience is comparable to the nostalgic drive-in, but on a smaller scale. A set of guidelines has been established for everyone’s safety – starting with ticket purchase, which is completely online.
- A 42-foot screen is attached to the outside of the Majestic Cinema of Brookfield building, guests will tune into a radio frequency to access the sound, and lights will be turned down to create a moviegoing atmosphere in the lot. In addition, concessions/food and soda (no alcohol) are available for online ordering and pick-up at a designated area. There is space for approximately 100 cars, and, restrooms will be available for guests.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- To create less touch points between associates and guests, tickets must be purchased online – either through the Marcus Theatres app or website (www.MarcusTheatres.com) – and cash purchases will NOT be an option while on site.
- The first film starts around 8:45 p.m. (sundown), followed by a 15-minute intermission and then the second movie.
- Entry to the lot is permitted at 7:30 p.m.
- Upon arrival, theatre associates will check in guests by viewing tickets, provide instructions for online concession orders and will direct vehicles to designated parking spots. People and vehicles will be asked to maintain proper social distancing.
- As with a traditional drive-in, vehicles are guests’ seats for the show.
- Movies will change every Friday.
WHAT’S PLAYING THE FIRST WEEKEND?
- Friday, May 29 through Thursday, June 4: “E.T.” and “Jurassic Park”
- Order concessions, soda and food (pizza, burgers, apps, etc.) BEFORE arrival through the Marcus Theatres website or app
- Although advance ordering is encouraged, concessions and food can be purchased upon arrival as well – online, on the app or via phone by calling the theatre
- A handout with complete instructions will be provided upon entry to the lot
- Orders will be picked up by guests from a designated area
- Food service will end 30 minutes after the start of the second feature
OTHER HELPFUL INFO:
- Time – First films starts at sundown (approximately 8:45 p.m.)
- Cost – $25 per carload Monday through Thursday; $30 per carload Friday through Sunday
- Safety Precautions – Low-contact procedures, social distancing, frequent cleaning, sanitizing stations and welcoming face masks are all part of the approach
- Rules – Guidelines for enjoying the drive in have been established for everyone’s safety.