Boo at the Zoo
October 20 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 6:00 pm, repeating until October 23, 2022
This special event directly supports the 2,000+ animals in ZOO care.
Animals may not be viewable during this event.
Tickets are limited! Purchase them HERE
Tickets are nonrefundable and honored only for the specific evening for which they were purchased. Parking is included in the ticket price – a $15 value.
Juniors (ages 3 to 12): $11.50
Children (2 and under): Free
Parking: Included in ticket price
Zoo Pass Discount: 15% discount with code treat and member ID
Boo at the Zoo (a walking event this year) will feature wicked family-friendly activities including a Trick-or-Treat Trail, live pumpkin-carving demos, dazzling light shows, plus so much more! Several of the animal buildings will be open just for this event! Enjoy these fun not frightful activities:
- Trick or treat through “Adventure Africa” with 10 different sweet spots. Costumes are encouraged and all candy is made with sustainable palm oil. (Trick-or-treat bags are not provided.)
- Be dazzled by a light show and Halloween décor throughout the Zoo including Pirates Cove, the Candy Corn Farmer’s Market, and Spooky Hollow.
- Go Batty for Mad Science Milwaukee! Kids will surely enjoy some spooky science at these fun stations: Monster Design Lab, Dr. Van De Graaff’s Hair Salon, and Mad Scientist’s Laboratory.
- Ride the not-too-spooky North Shore Bank Safari Train turned Halloween-themed ride – a delight at night!
- Learn all about our animals! The Creature of the Night talks will be complete with Halloween-themed conservation connections.
- A variety of food and beverages will be available throughout the Zoo.
What to know about the Zoo Safety Protocols:
They continue to follow safety protocols to help protect guests, staff and animals. Here are a few quick reminders as you plan your visit:
- Masks are no longer required outside, but they are required in buildings (ages 3+)
- Physical distancing is strongly recommended both indoors and outdoors.
- You can find more detailed information here.
These animal buildings are open at 100% capacity:
- Apes of Africa
- Aquatic & Reptile Center
- Giraffe Building
- Family Farm Dairy Complex
- Elephant Care Center / Conservation Outpost
These animal buildings are open at limited capacity:
- Aviary – 75%
- Big Cat Country – 75%
- Small Mammals Building – 50%