Community Easter Egg Hunts are some of our favorite events to attend and promote. We also love creating Easter Egg hunts in our backyard. There’s so many fun ways to celebrate Easter with your family throughout Lake Country and Waukesha County. Find Easter 2023 ideas below!
Please make sure you LIKE Lake Country Family Fun on Facebook follow Lake Country Family Fun on Instagram and Pinterest to be in the know first of all the family fun in Milwaukee and Waukesha area!
- Local Easter Egg Hunts
- Easter Bunny Sightings
- Easer Basket Stuffer Ideas
- At Home Easter Ideas
- Easter Decorating Kits
- Easter Brunches
- Adult Easter Fun
Celebrate Easter with real Holland Lop bunnies at The Smiley Barn! Your kids will be amazed by these soft and gentle animals. While you’re here, check out the extensive selection of small toys and candy that are sure to make any Easter basket a special delight!
The Smiley Barn needs your help naming their bunnies! Please watch The Smiley Barn Facebook page for the upcoming bunny naming contest! While you’re there, don’t forget to follow The Smiley Barn so you can stay up-to-date on all the family-friendly events throughout the year.
Easter Bunny Petting:
March 31, 2023 – April 8, 2023 10:30am to 5pm daily
(ending at 2pm on Saturday, April 8th)
Easter Egg Hunts and More Easter Fun
Note: events added weekly, so check back for more options!
- Easter Egg Hunt at the Children’s Play Gallery in Oconomowoc – Tuesday, April 4th – Reservations Required
A reader asked about “healthier” candy options on our Facebook page. See the full conversation HERE. Some answers for healthier Easter candy ideas are:
- Annie’s bunny fruit snacks
- Dehydrated and freeze dried fruits
- Yum Earth brand candies and suckers
- Unreal brand candy
- Small amounts of dark chocolate
- Zollipops Natural Clean Teeth brand candy
We asked our Facebook followers for “non-candy” Easter Basket stuffers and BOY did they come thru (over 130 comments)! See the full conversation HERE. Some ideas are:
- Summer fun items (swimsuit, sunglasses, beach towel, goggles, sand castle items, flip flops)
- Art items (chalk, paints, coloring books, crayons)
- Beauty items for the tween/teen girl (chapstick, nail polish, etc…)
- Play dough
- Gift Cards
- Match box cars
- Put coins or money in the eggs
- Put experience coins in the eggs/basket for a future fun time
*Snips and Giggles in downtown Oconomwooc has the cutest items for Easter Baskets including:
- Hair accessories, barrettes, headbands, hair clips in spring styles
- Nail polish
- Stuffed animals
- Jewelry and earrings
- Themed candy
*The Smiley Barn in Delafield has lots of great stuffers.
- Wide selection of unique games and puzzles
- Baby dolls
- Nail polish sets
- Crafting sets
- Play Mobil sets
- Wide selection of candy
- So much MORE!
*Themed Play Pass to an indoor play place like Bug and Goose Play Cafe, Urban Air, Nugget Nation, etc…
*Sweet P’s Pantry in Oconomowoc has Easter themed candy and chocolates.
*E & S Sweets in Mukwonago has all the fun for your sweet tooth.
Need some other ideas? Our readers (from 2018) have the best ideas when we asked for non-candy Easter Basket stuffers. Find 100 ideas here.
And thank you to our team member, Megan, for reminding us of allergy free alternatives to Easter Basket Stuffers like these ideas.
- Have a glow in the dark Easter Egg Hunt in your living room or basement.
- Use Christmas lights to decorate and have a nighttime hunt.
- Put pictures of Easter Eggs in your windows and walk around your neighborhood looking for and pointing out others’ Easter Eggs.
- Bake Easter Egg shaped cut out cookies and decorate them. Put them in bags or containers to hide around the kitchen or specific room and keep what you find!
- Make an Easter Egg shaped wreath or decorate a circle wreath with spring/Easter colors and Easter eggs!
- Make Salt Dough Easter Eggs. This recipe only calls for flour, salt, and water! You won’t even need to run to the store or schedule a grocery delivery! Team member Megan found this fun recipe. Once you’ve made the eggs and decorated them, hang them all over the house.
- Make and decorate Easter Egg shaped cookies.
- Make your indoor or outdoor Easter Egg hunt a scavenger hunt with clues. When they get to the end, have them find their hidden basket!
- Dye eggs this year with a new method. There are SO many ways to dye an egg – the easiest right now is with supplies already in the house, like crayons.
- “Egg” your neighbor’s yard! We did this last year and it was so much fun. Put Easter eggs in your neighbor’s yard for them to do!
The following places offered cookie decorating kits.
Sally’s Sweet Shoppe
All the Crumbs Cookies
Chef Steph Cookie Creations
All About the Cookies
Check out the BRUNCH Guide for local restaurants offering takeout/curbside/carry-out Easter Breakfasts, Brunches and/or Dinners in 2023! Click here.
ALSO, SEE OUR LIST OF RESTAURANTS IN WAUKESHA COUNTY.
- Adults, do you find yourself lying awake at night, wondering what it would be like for just one more Easter Egg Hunt? Wonder no more!! The Mill in Hartford is proud to announce there will be an adult (+21) only section at this years Easter Egg Hunt. Prizes include drink tokens from Brewed Omen and Bank Shot Sports Bar, Bridges 120 smoothies, free Bank Shot Pizza certificates, gift cards from Horizon Outfitters, Hartford Hatchet gift cards, and we aren’t done trying to find more sponsors. Every egg will have a prize, even it is the illustrious Participation Ribbon. Follow the event as we work out all the logistics to make it as fair for as many people we can.
- Vino’s Etc. in downtown Oconomowoc is having a Pre-Easter Bash!
- Adult Easter Egg Hunt from 12pm – 3pm
- Ed Goff Music from 4pm – 8pm
- The Style from 8pm – 11pm
- The 2nd annual Spring Fling & Easter Things Craft and Vendor Fair is Sunday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm at the New Berlin VFW.