Community Easter Egg Hunts are some of our favorite events to promote. Sadly, they won’t be happening this year while we practice social distancing. We are beyond bummed right with you. We’ve been practicing social distancing for weeks now, and will continue through at least April 30. Never fear, we are always on the lookout for fun for you! So we are hosting the Great Lake Country Easter Egg Hunt! We hope you join us! Find other Easter Ideas below!
Please make sure you LIKE Lake Country Family Fun on Facebook follow Lake Country Family Fun on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to be in the know first of all the family fun in Milwaukee and Waukesha area!
Please thank the 2020 Easter Guide Sponsor:
Social Distancing Friendly Easter Egg Hunts and More Easter Fun
With the stay at home order, the only Easter Egg Hunt that is COVID-19 friendly is the one you plan and do yourself in your home or yard with your immediate family. Get creative!
- Join in the Great Lake Country Easter Egg Hunt!
- Have a glow in the dark Easter Egg Hunt in your living room or basement.
- Use Christmas lights to decorate and have a nighttime hunt.
- Put pictures of Easter Eggs in your windows and walk around your neighborhood looking for and pointing out others’ Easter Eggs.
- Bake Easter Egg shaped cut out cookies and decorate them. Put them in bags or containers to hide around the kitchen or specific room and keep what you find!
- Make an Easter Egg shaped wreath or decorate a circle wreath with spring/Easter colors and Easter eggs!
- Make Salt Dough Easter Eggs. This recipe only calls for flour, salt, and water! You won’t even need to run to the store or schedule a grocery delivery! Team member Megan found this fun recipe. Once you’ve made the eggs and decorated them, hang them all over the house.
- Make and decorate Easter Egg shaped cookies.
- Make your indoor or outdoor Easter Egg hunt a scavenger hunt with clues. When they get to the end, have them find their hidden basket!
- Dye eggs this year with a new method. There are SO many ways to die an egg – the easiest right now is with supplies already in the house, like crayons.
- Dress in your Sunday best for your at home Easter Egg hunt and share your pictures to the Great Lake Country Easter Egg Hunt!
- “Egg” your neighbor’s yard! We did this last year and it was so much fun. Put Easter eggs in your neighbor’s yard for them to do! Remember to practice lots of hand washing and social distancing if you and your neighbor’s agree to do this activity this year.
Wave at the Easter Bunny at E and S Sweets in Mukwonago on certain days. Details.
Sweet P’s Pantry in Oconomowoc is offering local 53066 delivery, store pick up from noon-4:00 pm, and nationwide USPS shipping. Free shipping or delivery over $50 of Easter Basket Treats. Yum!
E & S Sweets in Mukwonago has their Easter Candy Boxes in stock. Order here.
Sugar Spun in Mukwonago is selling their allergen friendly, dye free cotton candy with coupon codes! Details here.
All the Crumbs Cookies in Genesee is selling a variety of Easter cookie decorating kits.
Chef Steph Cookie Creations is selling Pick Up Your Own Easter Egg Kits.
All About the Cookies is selling DIY Easter Cookie Kits.
Love n’ Flour is selling a variety of premade and decorated Easter cookie sets.
And thank you to our team member, Megan, for reminding us of allergy free alternatives to Easter Basket Stuffers like these ideas.
Sadly, there will be no in-restaurant Easter brunches this year. This can be a great time to try a new recipe at home, or check out an Easter special from a local restaurant. Many restaurants are doing Easter Brunch Take Out! In the Guide below, find information on 300+ local restaurants that are open!
Please contact with any COVID-19 Friendly Easter Activities.