Are you itching to hop on the lake and get some healthy exercise? …but you don’t own a kayak, canoe, paddle boat, or a paddleboard? The City of Oconomowoc will be starting their water craft rentals!
Oconomowoc's City Beach OFfers WaterCraft Rentals!
Yes, it’s true! Still on a modified schedule, the City of Oconomowoc will be offering watercraft rentals to use on Lac La Belle on May 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25! If you’ve been following Lake Country Family Fun for awhile now, you know that I LOVE to paddleboard with my kids. Lac La Belle is a beautiful lake – in fact, it’s my favorite of all the lakes of Lake Country.
Find all the details, guidelines, and rules HERE about renting watercrafts on Lac La Belle. Things to note:
- Kayaks, canoes, and paddle boats will be available to rent.
- Rentals are hourly.
- Rentals are weather dependent.
- Always check the weather first as rentals are weather dependent.
- Walk ups are now available at the Lifeguard stand at City Beach.
- The rental fee for a 1-hour rental is $10.26 Resident / $15.38 Nonresident
- The staff will be disinfecting the equipment in between uses.
Oconomowoc City Beach Guidelines and Things to Know
*Please note that City Beach is still closed for the season. City Beach is expected to open May 30th. The re-opening of facilities will be dependent upon staff capacity and weather permitting.
City Beach is located on the southern shore of Lac La Belle and is accessible from West Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Oconomowoc with limited on-site parking available. Bender Beach is located north on Highway 67 on the eastern shore of Lac La Belle. Street parking is available. The beaches are staffed with lifeguards when the beach is open, weather permitting. The beach may also be closed due to other events such as concerts, drills and trainings, etc. The beach is currently closed.
When the beach is open, please note the beach swim area will be restricted to the small section during swim lessons, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Beaches are generally open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. In 2020, the beach will open AFTER the Memorial Day weekend.
- City Beach – Swimming Hours TBD
- Bender Beach – Swimming Hours TBD
Beach admissions can be purchased at each location. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Daily Bands $ 2.50 each Resident / $ 5.00 Non-resident
- Season Bands $20.00 each Resident / $45.00 Non-resident
- *Children under six are free with a paid adult. Adult must be within arms-reach of child at all times.
- *Residents are those who reside in the City and pay City of Oconomowoc taxes. Non-residents are individuals who reside outside the City of Oconomowoc. This includes the Town of Oconomowoc.
- Beach bands are required at all city beaches and can be purchased at the guard house. Beach bands must be worn on the sand and in the water.
- Children 5 and under are not allowed in the water unless a parent or adult over the age of 16 is at arm’s-length away from them.
- Only strong swimmers are allowed at the piers. Floatation devices must remain in the shallow section.
- No swimming under the piers, hanging on the ropes, buoys, or ladders. Only one person on the ladder at a time. No climbing down the ladder.
- Horseplay, such as running, splashing, pushing/shoving, or dunking, is not permitted.
- No backwards jumps, back dives or flips off of the piers.
- No throwing sand/rocks, swearing, or sitting/standing on another person’s shoulders.
- Swimming in long pants is prohibited.
- Glass, grills, bikes, and pets are not allowed in the park. Alcohol is prohibited on the beach, but allowed in the park. No food or drink in the water.
- Fishing in or near the swimming or boat launch area is not allowed.
- No feeding the waterfowl (per city ordinance).
Canoes, Kayak, Paddle Boards, Paddle Boat Rentals
Canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, and paddle boats are available for rent at City Beach during normal beach hours. Rentals are available when a boat launch attendant is on duty. Hours are subject to change due to weather.
Mark your calendar for FREE Fridays at City Beach!
Nonresident cards purchased at the Community Center can be used to pay for Beach Fees ONLY. If someone presents a nonresident card for beach fees, they will be charged resident rates for the person whose name is on the card ONLY. Refer to a waterfront supervisor if questioned about a nonresident card.
Find 12 Lake Country Beaches in Waukesha County HERE.
Find Free Summer Fun HERE.
Find 77 Things to do this Summer HERE.