- This event has passed.
Cedarburg Winter Festival
February 19 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until February 20, 2022
Cedarburg’s Winter Festival presented by COMMERCE STATE BANK, is celebrating with a Dr. Seuss-themed Winter Festival on Saturday, February 19 and Sunday, February 20, 2022. Festivities will take place throughout the heart of Cedarburg on Washington Avenue from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturday, and 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday.
This two-day Seuss-filled festival will feature an Ice Carving Contest, barrel races, Cedarburg’s famous “costumed bed-races on ice,” camel rides, outdoor activities and much more, including a Saturday night, adults-only Seussville! So “if you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.” Dr. Seuss.
Stroll along Washington Avenue that leads you to some of our favorite activities like bed races on ice, camel rides, egg hunts, sledding, ice skating or watching an old-fashioned dog pull and much more.
Saturday Winter Festival Fun
- BMO HARRIS BANK ICE SCULPTURE CONTEST – along Washington Avenue. Pre-registration required. Check-in at Commerce State Bank Warming Center (Community Center). Judging starts at 2pm.
- INDIVIDUAL CHILI CONTEST – Join at the Commerce State Bank Warming Center (Community Center) as judges award prizes to the best chili cooks in the area. Pick up a free raffle ticket at the door to have a chance to win a door prize.
- RESTAURANT CHILI CONTEST – Stop in the Commerce State Bank Warming Center (Community Center) for a chili sampler platter and vote for your favorite restaurant entries from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. or while supplies last. $5/plate.
- ANNUAL LION’S ICEBURG GOLF OPEN – sponsored by the Cedarburg Lion’s Club in Cedar Creek Park. The golfing will commence at 10:00am with check in beginning at 8:30am at Cedarburg Cultural Center. This event is open to any golfer and non-golfer alike. Anyone can have a great time playing.
- CAMEL RIDES AND PETTING ZOO at Community Center Parking Lot. Brought to you by New Beginnings Ranch. $10/ride, one year old and under free with paying adult; petting zoo, food to feed the animals is available for a fee.
- CEDARBURG HISTORY MUSEUM and VISITOR’S CENTER at Portland and Columbia Road. Cedarburg’s newest museum houses the former General Store Museum and the Rappold-Dobberpuhl historic photograph collection, as well as rotating exhibits. Plan to stop in.
- CEDARBURG FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY are hosting a Love to Read Book Sale at the Cedarburg Public Library located on W52N589 Hanover Ave. Everything on the sale is $1 per item. The sale runs Monday, February 14 thru Saturday, February 19 during regular library hours. Saturday hours during the festival are 9:30am – 4pm. There will still be book sale items available on Sunday in the Buy the Book used bookstore at the library. Sunday hours are 12pm – 4pm.
- SLEDDING at Stephen Fischer Park, snow conditions permitting. Family skating on Mill Pond and in Cedar Creek Park at the Skate Rink. Ice conditions permitting. Bring your own skates.
SHOPS AT CEDAR CREEK SETTLEMENT – Enjoy some hot mulled wine at the Cedar Creek Winery. Inside the Settlement buildings there will be Live Music by Sam McClain from 12-4 pm. Enjoy unique shopping, cider & cookies and food & product sampling in several shops. Free drawing for a Gift Basket with items valued at over $100. Anvil Pub & Grille will have a Chili Bar and outdoor Snow Bar for your favorite libations on their patio or treat yourself to lunch featuring crepes and yummy desserts at Cream & Crepe Café or delectable Italian specialties and pizza at Tomaso’s.
COSTUMED BED RACES ON ICE – Follow the Grand Parade to Mill Pond. Come watch the hilarious fun and costumed teams vie for the prize. Prize money to best costumes and top three speed winners. Can register day of event for $15/team of 5 if space is available. Race starts at 1:30 pm. In case of thaw, bed races are run on Riveredge Dr.
HOT COCOA AND DOUGHNUTS – While you are at the Bed Races, the Boy Scout Troop 830 invites you to warm up in front of the fireplace at the Scout House. Hot cocoa and doughnuts will be served from 1:00 – 3:30 pm on Saturday February 19. Parents will enjoy a break while kids watch a movie, practice their coloring skills, and work on puzzles.
“COOL BREW SEUSSVILLE” (Adults only) – Festivals of Cedarburg, has planned a fun evening out for adults—Cool Brew Seussville, more information to follow. More information and ticket link below on this page
SELFIE STATION sponsored by COMMERCE STATE BANK in the Community Center (1). Visit the selfie station for a chance to win a $100 Cedarburg Chamber Gift Check. Must be 18 years old to be eligible. See details at the booth.
Sunday Winter Festival Fun
- SHOPS AT CEDAR CREEK SETTLEMENT – Enjoy some hot mulled wine at the Cedar Creek Winery. Check inside the Settlement buildings, there will be unique shopping and other fun activities.
- CEDARBURG HISTORY MUSEUM and VISITOR’S CENTER at Portland and Columbia Road. Cedarburg’s museum houses the former General Store Museum and the Rappold-Dobberpuhl historic photograph collection, as well as rotating exhibits. Free. Plan to stop in.
- CEDARBURG FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY are hosting a Love to Read Book Sale at the Cedarburg Public Library located on W52N589 Hanover Ave. Everything on the sale is $1 per item. The sale runs Monday, Feb. 14 – Saturday, Feb. 19 during regular library hours. Saturday hours during the festival are 9:30am – 4pm. There will still be book sale items available on Sunday in the Buy the Book used bookstore at the library. Sunday hours are 12pm – 4pm.
- DOG WEIGHT PULL CONTEST sponsored by Fromm Family Pet Food. Coordinated by the Alaskan Malamute Club of Wisconsin. Community Center Parking Lot. Registration on site day of event or go to the website at amcw.org
- PUPPY KISSING BOOTH sponsored by Tailwaggers 911. Tailwaggers 911 will bring several of their adopable dogs to be featured in a Puppy Kissing Booth! The booth will be open from 11am – 2pm and will be located alongside our popular Dog Weight Pull, which is facilitated each year by the Alaskan Malamute Club of Wisconsin. Fest goers will be welcome to come to the Community Center parking lot to meet and enjoy – and smooch, at a suggested donation of $1 a kiss! – rescue dogs, all of whom are available to be adopted to approved adopters.
Winter Festival is organized by the non-profit Festivals of Cedarburg, Inc.
COMMERCE STATE BANK sponsors this favorite annual festival, and festivities will take place throughout the heart of Cedarburg on Washington Avenue. For those ready to get outside and test their endurance, camel rides, sledding, ice skating, golfing, parades or dog pulls might be in order. Indoor fun includes chili cook-offs, music, merchant activities, shopping and an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast!
Go to their Website for full details and timing of events! *Events are subject to change and some events are weather dependent.