THE WEEKEND GUIDE FOR LAKE COUNTRY
AND THE GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY HAS ARRIVED!!
PLEASE THANK OUR WEEKEND GUIDE SPONSOR:
Make an Old World Christmas part of your family tradition this year! Guests will celebrate the season with a visit to Old World Wisconsin, where traditions from our rich ethnic heritage come to life throughout Crossroads Village. Guests will travel back in time, seeing preparations for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day festivities in the late 19th century. They will encounter figures from Christmas stories, like St. Nicolas, Jultomte, Krampus, and, of course, Santa Claus. Hear live, traditional, carols, join in a Hymn Sing, learn about the origins of the Christmas Tree, and keep warm with cider or a cup of wassail!
This event occurs on the first three Saturdays and Sundays in December.
With Halloween officially over, all eyes look to the holidays, well not everyone’s. 😉 We asked last night if you’ll be listening to Christmas music, come November 1, and it was split. Join the conversation here.
So – what are you looking forward to this month? I love the first of a month. It’s always a fresh start, and November is the month of gratitude. Obviously, we should be thankful year-round, but it helps me to be intentional, especially as the holiday season can become overly busy and commercialized. What about you? How do you slow done and practice thankfulness this time of year? Comment below or message us.
The thing we’re most looking forward to this weekend is putting away all the Halloween decor and costumes and getting an extra hour of sleep 😉 Be sure to turn those clocks back an hour Saturday night!
Plus, we have some pretty fun promotions and announcements going on at Lake Country Family Fun!
- Too much Candy from Trick or Treating? Check out our CANDY BUY BACK GUIDE for all the places to sell your candy this season. Sponsored by Vezzetti Family Dental Care in Sussex.
- TRAINFEST is coming on November 10 and 11, 2018. Thank you to all who entered our giveaway. Discounted tickets can be purchased through this LINK.
- Do you speak Spanish? Futura Language Professionals, a Community-Based Spanish School, is looking for a part-time teacher! Details HERE.
- The CANADIAN PACIFIC HOLIDAY TRAIN officially announced their schedule!! Share with your friends and family on Facebook HERE.
- There’s a new restaurant in Okauchee, Between the Lakes. Head to their grand opening this weekend.
- Holiday Craft Fairs are popping up everywhere. Check them out in our handy guide sponsored by Brown Street Emporium, who is also having an anniversary celebration this weekend! Details HERE.
- Winter Farmer Markets are starting up! Check out Oconomowoc, Milwaukee (The Domes), and Mukwonago.
- Lastly, we are only 3 weeks away from the German Christmas Market!! Our favorite!!
ICYMI: The ICE CASTLES ARE COMING TO LAKE GENEVA and Lake Country Family Fun has the scoop! Stay tuned for more details and a giveaway Join the conversation and share with your friends and family on Facebook HERE.
Check out all of Lake Country Family Fun’s Fall Guides HERE.
You’ll find our Fall Bucket List and Fall Festival Guide.
Plus, snag some sales going on in our RUMMAGE SALE GUIDE.
HAVE YOU LIKED LAKE COUNTRY FAMILY FUN
ON FACEBOOK AND FOLLOWED US ON TWITTER,
INSTAGRAM AND PINTEREST YET?
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON ALL THE FUN!
USE #LOVELCFF AND TAG US @LAKECOUNTRYFAMILYFUN TO BE FEATURED IN OUR IG STORIES!
For a full listing of events for the day, check out our CALENDAR. To find out more details, click the link (the title will take you directly to the event).
*Please note that all Halloween and Trick or Treating events can be found by clicking directly on the CALENDAR or day link or the TRICK OR TREAT GUIDE.
Only non-Halloween events will be listed below, because there are SO many this weekend. Happy trick or treating!!