THE WEEKEND GUIDE FOR LAKE COUNTRY
AND THE GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY AREA HAS ARRIVED
FILLED WITH THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND WITH KIDS!!
PLEASE THANK OUR WEEKEND GUIDE SPONSOR:
Happy March! We are one step closer to summer, huzzah!
Although it is still chilly and icy and cold, it is the PERFECT time to get your child enrolled in swim lessons. Starting lessons now gives your child the opportunity to be swim ready for the summer. Safer summer swimmers start NOW! (Say that 10 times fast)
Still not sold? Check out this SUPER COOL VIDEO we shot to show you exactly what a day to day life looks like for each of our families. If this doesn’t keep you all warm and fuzzy (our pool is 90 degrees HEYO) than we don’t know what will!
Well, we are a week into March and it’s still freezing out – but the weekend is going to be WARM!! I mean, if you consider 30-40 degree weather warm. I do, after the polar vortex. My hubby might even break out some shorts 😉 Just kidding!
Regardless, Lake Country Family Fun did our research, like we do, and found all the fun things for you and your family to do this weekend.
Plus, don’t forget that Friday is International Women’s Day. We asked on Instagram how you celebrate. Click HERE to find out how we recognize this day.
Lake Country Family Fun's Promotions and Announcements
- Our third LAKE COUNTRY CURRENTS: COFFEE SHOP SERIES event is was another amazing morning! As part of our mission statement, Lake Country Family Fun is super excited about this new networking opportunity for online creatives in the Waukesha County area. See how our first event went HERE and our second event went HERE and our third event HERE. Tickets are already flying out the door for our April event. REGISTER HERE.
- The BEST LOCAL FISH FRY VOTE is BACK!! The vote went live on Monday and hundreds of votes have come in already! Make sure you cast yours so we can find out who will be crowned Best Fish Fry 2019!
- We are turning 8!! And we are celebrating with a BIRTHDAY BASH. Come party with us on April 7! Must register in advance. Details here.
- Looking for a sitter and don’t know where to start? We have a guide for that! Check out our new Guide to Finding a Babysitter and Child Care in Lake Country.
- With never-ending winter here, you might be looking for some indoor fun with your little one. Lake Country Family Fun has updated our INDOOR PLAY GUIDE to categorize the 30+ local play places into 7 categories to help you better find the best fun for your little one!
*Sponsored by Chiropractic Company – Oconomowoc
- Or if you are loving the never-ending winter – Find ALL THE WINTER FUN here! Where to ski? Where to snowboard? (Yes, you can downhill ski and snowboard THIS weekend in WI.) We have a guide for that! Find it all HERE. *Sponsored by Birch and Banyan – Hartland
- Looking to spend some time together as a family serving others? This event through Oakwood Church in Hartland is in March, but you must sign up ahead of time and the slots fill fast. Sign up HERE.
- There’s another chance to get together as a family and meal-pack for others. Details here.
- Do you love rummage sales? Spring is coming full of deals, starting this weekend at DIVINE CONSIGN.
- Looking for a date night? Our WINTER DATE NIGHT GUIDE has so many ideas!! Book that sitter, stat!
- Looking for food allergy friendly restaurants? LCFF contributing writer team member Megan wrote a guide. Check it out HERE.
- Speaking of restaurants, we just updated our KIDS EAT FREE GUIDE. Find out where the specials are for kids eating free (or cheap) each day of the week. *Sponsored by Chick-fil-A Pewaukee.
- Winter Farmer Markets are in full swing! Check out OCONOMOWOC, MILWAUKEE (THE DOMES), MUKWONAGO, and SUSSEX.
- New things are coming to Brookfield!
- THE CORNERS OF BROOKFIELD IS GETTING IMPROV + Wahlburgers Restaurant!
- Pigtails and Crewcuts: Haircuts for Kids opened on January 15!
Find details HERE! *Sponsored
- For those looking for a healthy start to the year, we have some tips and tricks for you – keep your goals in March:
- Did you vote for your favorite family health providers in January? We tallied the results! Find the TOP DOCTORS, DENTIST, CHIROPRACTORS, and more!
- Looking for a local preschool? We have the lowdown on 25+ reader recommended schools in the Waukesha County area. Skim the newly updated 2019-2020 PRESCHOOL GUIDE HERE. And the PRESCHOOL OPEN HOUSE GUIDE to see when to tour a preschool near you. Open houses have started – don’t miss out! *Sponsored
- Looking for a summer camp? Yes, I said SUMMER camp. We have just published the 2019 Summer Camp Guide. Plan your summer out 🙂 Details HERE.
- Throwing a birthday party? Check out our BIRTHDAY PARTY GUIDE with over 20 unique venues! *Sponsored
- Too early to discuss Easter? We don’t think so – THE EAST TROY BUNNY TRAIN has been scheduled for 2019 and tickets are on sale! Grab yours before they sell out! *Sponsored
CELA PEWAUKEE PERFORMANCE
“Beauty and the Beast Junior”
Enjoy the warmer March weekend!
All the best,
Erin and the Lake Country Family Fun Team