THE WEEKEND GUIDE FOR LAKE COUNTRY
AND THE GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY AREA HAS ARRIVED
FILLED WITH THINGS TO DO THIS WEEKEND WITH KIDS!!
PLEASE THANK OUR WEEKEND GUIDE SPONSOR:
Looking for more information on Things to Do this weekend with kids?
The weekend is back! Are you currently on spring break or waiting until April? We were on week 2 of spring break as my two little ones had off on different weeks. Despite the fun, I’m ready for the routine to come back on Monday. So many of you shared that you are off traveling, but even more shared that you are doing a STAYCATION, like us. Did you see our staycation fun that we shared on Instagram?
Oh, and uh…just ignore that there is snow in the weekend forecast…I hope they are wrong! Hopefully, we have some spring temps next week. Regardless of the weather, share your favorite and least favorite parts of Wisconsin spring HERE.
Lastly, Lake Country Family Fun did our research, like we do, and found all the fun things for you and your family to do this weekend.
Lake Country Family Fun's Promotions and Announcements
- Our third LAKE COUNTRY CURRENTS: COFFEE SHOP SERIES event is was another amazing morning! As part of our mission statement, Lake Country Family Fun is super excited about this new networking opportunity for online creatives in the Waukesha County area. See how our first event went HERE and our second event went HERE and our third event HERE. Only 2 spots left! REGISTER HERE.
- The BEST LOCAL FISH FRY VOTE is BACK!! The vote went live on Monday and hundreds of votes have come in already! Make sure you cast yours so we can find out who will be crowned Best Fish Fry 2019! Vote HERE. Share the vote on Facebook HERE.
- We are turning 8!! And we are celebrating with a BIRTHDAY BASH. Come party with us on April 7! Tickets are selling fast for this DJ bubble party at the Dlealfield Brewhaus Banquet Hall. Must register in advance. Tickets and more details HERE.
- MAD SCIENCE is coming to Hartland THIS FRIDAY! Attend a fun family night for FREE! Mark your calendars for March 29!
- Winter might have ended – sort of – but it’s still a bit chilly for park dates…so you might still be looking for some indoor fun with your little one. Lake Country Family Fun has updated our INDOOR PLAY GUIDE to categorize the 30+ local play places into 7 categories to help you better find the best fun for your little one!
*Sponsored by Chiropractic Company – Oconomowoc
- And if you want to squeeze in the very last of winter, there might be some ski hills still open – Find ALL THE WINTER FUN here! Where to ski? Where to snowboard? We have a guide for that! Find it all HERE. *Sponsored by Birch and Banyan – Hartland
- Do you love RUMMAGE SALES? Find sales and put your sale on our guide HERE.
- Looking for a date night? Our DATE NIGHT GUIDE has so many ideas!! Book that sitter, stat!
- Need a sitter? Start the search in our Sitter/Child Care Guide.
- Looking for food allergy friendly restaurants? LCFF contributing writer team member Megan wrote a guide. Check it out HERE.
- Speaking of restaurants, we just updated our KIDS EAT FREE GUIDE. Find out where the specials are for kids eating free (or cheap) each day of the week. *Sponsored by Chick-fil-A Pewaukee.
- Winter Farmer Markets are coming to an end in the next few weeks. Check out OCONOMOWOC, MILWAUKEE (THE DOMES), MUKWONAGO, and SUSSEX.
- New things are coming to Brookfield!
- THE CORNERS OF BROOKFIELD IS GETTING IMPROV + Wahlburgers Restaurant!
- Pigtails and Crewcuts: Haircuts for Kids opened on January 15!
Find details HERE! *Sponsored
- For those looking for a healthy start to the year, we have some tips and tricks for you – keep your goals in March:
- Plus, Martha is back! Read about how she navigates motherhood (of a toddler) and cancer HERE.
- Looking for a local preschool? We have the lowdown on 25+ reader recommended schools in the Waukesha County area. Skim the newly updated 2019-2020 PRESCHOOL GUIDE HERE. And the PRESCHOOL OPEN HOUSE GUIDE to see when to tour a preschool near you. Open houses have started – don’t miss out! *Sponsored
- Looking for a summer camp? Yes, I said SUMMER camp. We have just published the 2019 Summer Camp Guide. Plan your summer out 🙂 Details HERE.
- Throwing a birthday party? Check out our BIRTHDAY PARTY GUIDE with over 20 unique venues! *Sponsored
- Easter is less than a month away! THE EAST TROY BUNNY TRAIN has been scheduled for 2019 and tickets are on sale and selling out! Grab yours before they sell out! *Sponsored
ICYMI: The Brewers Opening Day is Thursday, March 28. And they are playing at home all weekend. Will you be there? Read our tips and tricks for taking your kids to Brewer Games HERE. Share your tips and tricks with us HERE.
Easter is coming up in less than one month. So between now and then, be sure to be in the know of all the fun local Easter happenings like Helicopter Easter Egg Drops and Bunny Lunches and more!
Click HERE for the full Easter Egg Hunt Guide, brought to us by KWiL Publishing. KWiL Publishing just released the Easter Elf, by Rochelle Groskreutz and illustrated by Leah DiPasquale. You can pick up the book at Books & Company, Martha Merrell’s Books or online. It makes a great basket stuffer! Plus, find an Easter Elf Activity Kit through the link, too. Lastly, be sure to SHARE the Easter Egg Hunt on Facebook with your local friends and family!
Mad Science is coming to Zion in Hartland! This is a highly interactive FREE show and activities will entertain both kids and parents alike. This is a free family event! (slime station has a $2 per item materials charge)
Enjoy the last March weekend!
All the best,
Erin and the Lake Country Family Fun Team