THE WEEKEND GUIDE FOR LAKE COUNTRY
AND THE GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY AREA HAS ARRIVED
FILLED WITH FESTIVE THINGS TO DO!!
PLEASE THANK OUR WEEKEND GUIDE SPONSOR:
Lake Country Playhouse & The Playhouse Performing Arts Academy
Bye-Bye February!! (It was only a smidge warmer than January…but so.much.snow and ice!)
Looking forward to spring!!
But back to today… We did our research, like we do, and found all the fun things for you to do this weekend.
Lastly, Friday is National Margarita Day – if you are looking for a local option, peruse our Fan Favorite Mexican Restaurant Guide. Cheers to the weekend!
Lake Country Family Fun's Promotions and Announcements
- Our second LAKE COUNTRY CURRENTS: COFFEE SHOP SERIES was so much fun! Don’t want to miss out? Come to our THIRD event on March 2 at 1863 Coffee Saloon in Eagle. As part of our mission statement, Lake Country Family Fun is super excited about this networking opportunity for online creatives in the Waukesha County area. See how our second event went HERE.
- With never-ending winter here, you might be looking for some indoor fun with your little one. Lake Country Family Fun has updated our INDOOR PLAY GUIDE to categorize the 30+ local play places into 7 categories to help you better find the best fun for your little one!
*Sponsored by Chiropractic Company – Oconomowoc
- Not sick of the snow and cold yet? Looking for more Winter Fun? Where to ski? Where to snowboard? (Yes, you can downhill ski and snowboard THIS weekend in WI.) We have a guide for that! Find it HERE. *Sponsored by Birch and Banyan – Hartland
- Looking to spend some time together as a family serving others? This event through Oakwood Church in Hartland is in March, but you must sign up ahead of time and the slots fill fast. Sign up HERE.
- Looking for a date night? Our winter date night guide has so many ideas!! Book that sitter, stat!
- Looking for Girl Scout Cookies? This weekend is Girl Scout Cookie Weekend! Read more about it here and add to the conversation in our Facebook group here.
- Looking for food allergy friendly restaurants? LCFF contributing writer team member Megan wrote a guide. Check it out here.
- Winter Farmer Markets have started! Check out OCONOMOWOC, MILWAUKEE (THE DOMES), MUKWONAGO, and SUSSEX.
- New things are coming to Brookfield!
- THE CORNERS OF BROOKFIELD IS GETTING IMPROV + Wahlburgers Restaurant!
- Pigtails and Crewcuts: Haircuts for Kids opened on January 15!
Find details HERE! *Sponsored
- For those looking for a healthy start to the year, we have some tips and tricks for you – keep your goals in February:
- Looking for a local preschool? We have the lowdown on 25+ reader recommended schools in the Waukesha County area. Skim the newly updated 2019-2020 PRESCHOOL GUIDE HERE. And the PRESCHOOL OPEN HOUSE GUIDE to see when to tour a preschool near you. Open houses have started – don’t miss out! *Sponsored
- Throwing a birthday party? Check out our BIRTHDAY PARTY GUIDE with over 20 unique venues! *Sponsored
- Too early to discuss Easter? THE EAST TROY BUNNY TRAIN has been scheduled for 2019 and tickets are on sale! Grab yours before they sell out! *Sponsored
ICYMI: ICE CASTLES IS OPEN IN LAKE GENEVA and Lake Country Family Fun has the scoop!
Congratulations to the two winners of our Ice Castles Giveaway, plus the grand prize winner who won a COMPLIMENTARY one-night stay at THE RIDGE HOTEL, $100 dining credit to Crafted Americana, and transportation to/from Ice Castles! WOW! Many thanks to Ice Castles and The Ridge Hotel for the giveaway items.
Join the conversation and share with your friends and family on Facebook HERE.
**This week may be the last week! Tickets are currently available for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.**
Enjoy the final February weekend!
All the best,
Erin and the Lake Country Family Fun Team