THE WEEKEND GUIDE FOR LAKE COUNTRY
AND THE GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY AREA HAS ARRIVED
FILLED WITH FESTIVE THINGS TO DO!!
PLEASE THANK OUR WEEKEND GUIDE SPONSOR:
Hello February!! (Please be warmer. Please be warmer. Please be warmer.)
Wow – January sure ended like a lion, isn’t that March that’s supposed to be a lamb or lion? This past week was some of the coldest weather I’ve ever experienced in my 30+ years in WI…definitely going out like a lion!
I hope you have all warmed up and aren’t too cabin feverish. After snowmageddon and the Polar Vortex, we are in for some rain possibly this weekend?! I cannot make this up. Fact is crazier than fiction sometimes.
But we did our research, like we do, and found all the fun things for you to do this weekend.
Plus, it’s Super Bowl weekend, Super Bowl LIII to be exact. Are you watching? Hosting a party? Any fun recipes? Just in it for the half-time show? Do you get excited about the commercials? We used to, but they usually leak them early online and creativity seems to be waning in the past couple years 😉 If you don’t even know what I’m talking about, the New England Patriots are playing the LA Rams for the Lombardi Trophy in Atlanta at 5:30 pm CST (where they are also experiencing lower than normal temperatures).
Lake Country Family Fun's Promotions and Announcements
- Our second LAKE COUNTRY CURRENTS: COFFEE SHOP SERIES event is THIS Saturday, February 2 at Roots Coffeebar and Cafe in downtown Waukesha. We sold out AGAIN 🙂 As part of our mission statement, Lake Country Family Fun is super excited about this new networking opportunity for online creatives in the Waukesha County area. See how our first event went HERE.
- With winter here, you might be looking for some indoor fun with your little one. Lake Country Family Fun has updated our INDOOR PLAY GUIDE to categorize the 30+ local play places into 7 categories to help you better find the best fun for your little one!
*Sponsored by Chiropractic Company – Oconomowoc
- Looking for more indoor fun? Sign up for a dance class at 5678 DANCE! STUDIO in Oconomowoc. They are offering Winter Dance Classes and Camps. They have Princess Ballet classes and ADULT Hip hop classes starting on January 24th, plus a princess tea party and a Jo Jo Siwa Dance PARTY in February! Register HERE. *Sponsored
- Looking for Winter Fun? Where to ski? Where to snowboard? (Yes, you can downhill ski and snowboard THIS weekend in WI.) We have a guide for that! Find it HERE. *Sponsored by Birch and Banyan – Hartland
- Want to see a show? The Kettle Moraine School for Arts and Performance is putting on James and the Giant Peach February 7 through the 9th. Tickets here. *Sponsored
- Looking for a fun carnival? Zion in Hartland is hosting their annual Family Fun Fair on Saturday, February 16th. *Sponsored
- Cirque Du Soleil: Crystal is coming to Milwaukee this weekend at the Fiserv Forum.
- Winter Farmer Markets have started! Check out OCONOMOWOC, MILWAUKEE (THE DOMES), MUKWONAGO, and SUSSEX.
- New things are coming to Brookfield!
- THE CORNERS OF BROOKFIELD IS GETTING IMPROV + Wahlburgers Restaurant!
- Pigtails and Crewcuts: Haircuts for Kids opened on January 15!
Find details HERE! *Sponsored
- For those looking for a healthy start to the year, we have some tips and tricks for you – keep your goals in February:
- Looking for a local preschool? We have the lowdown on 25+ reader recommended schools in the Waukesha County area. Skim the newly updated 2019-2020 PRESCHOOL GUIDE HERE. And the PRESCHOOL OPEN HOUSE GUIDE to see when to tour a preschool near you. Open houses have started – don’t miss out! *Sponsored
- Throwing a birthday party? Check out our BIRTHDAY PARTY GUIDE with over 20 unique venues! *Sponsored
- Too early to discuss Easter? THE EAST TROY BUNNY TRAIN has been scheduled for 2019 and tickets are on sale! Grab yours before they sell out! *Sponsored
ICYMI: ICE CASTLES IS OPEN IN LAKE GENEVA and Lake Country Family Fun has the scoop!
Congratulations to the two winners of our Ice Castles Giveaway, plus the grand prize winner who won a COMPLIMENTARY one-night stay at THE RIDGE HOTEL, $100 dining credit to Crafted Americana, and transportation to/from Ice Castles! WOW! Many thanks to Ice Castles and The Ridge Hotel for the giveaway items.
Plus, this weekend is the last weekend of Lake Geneva’s Winterfest. Make it a fun weekend with an overnight stay to enjoy it all!
Join the conversation and share with your friends and family on Facebook HERE.
WINTER WILDLIFE ADVENTURE
*RSVP prior to Friday at noon.
Enjoy the January weekend!
All the best,
Erin and the Lake Country Family Fun Team